Amazon Web Services (AWS) is hiring senior-level Customer Delivery Architects (CDA) in our Customer Segment Professional Services group.
The Customer Delivery Architect (CDA) is a new growth role within the Professional Services umbrella, and is principally oriented around a qualify-deliver-manage model. The CDA is responsible for partnering with a Professional Services leaders to dive deep into a customer's business challenge, to collaboratively propose and pre-qualify a particular set of outcomes that would result from a formal Professional Services engagement. Thereafter, the CDA remains meaningfully engaged with that customer, Amazon team and project/program to ensure high-value, predictable, and successful delivery.
This is not a pure consultant role, nor is it a pure selling role. It is a customer facing role with a unique hybrid of AWS platform expertise and hands-on building, coupled with cross-industry business acumen, including a heavy dose of passion for continued knowledge acquisition and growth, obsession for customers, and their success using AWS that will align well with the desired outcomes to be produced.
Do you have what it takes to bring yourself, your customers, and your team to the next level?
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• As a key member of the Account and Professional Services Go-To-Market teams, ensure success in designing, building, optimizing, transforming or otherwise migrating applications, software, and services on the AWS platform
• Develop Professional Services project proposals and SOWs, and work with Professional Services account managers to develop detailed task plans, effort estimates, and delivery timelines.
• Participate in deep architectural discussions and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS while ensuring solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
• Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers and proof of concepts
• In partnership with the ProServe leadership and account team, formulate and execute a strategy to accelerate customer outcomes through the adoption of AWS in conjunction with Professional Services engagements
• Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge, sales and delivery content amongst the AWS Professional Services community
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organizationleaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 10+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
• 10+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture, applications, and networking
• 7+ years of experience in technology/software sales, pre-sales, or technical consulting in customer-facing roles
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
• Customer facing experience in customer's environment and experience driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
• Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
• Ability to travel to client locations when needed, location can be virtual anywhere within Texas near major cities such as Dallas, Houston, Austin
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent; MS degree desired
• Experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required, commensurate modern certifications AWS, Agile, Scrum, SAFe, etc.
• Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments
• Integration of AWS cloud services with on-premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with Executives, IT Management, developers and business leaders
• Ability to understand and articulate business impact of technical decisions
• Managing executive Customer relationships and key business stakeholders.
• Delivering IT Strategy & Consulting services
• Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman) and identifying the relationships between business services, information, applications and global infrastructure assets.
• Enterprise IT management frameworks (e.g. ITIL v3 processes).
• Broad Enterprise systems experience including SAP, Oracle, MSFT and custom Java/.NET applications.
• Designing, building, and operating global IT infrastructures.
• A proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale enterprise IT projects.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.