Amazon Web Services Great China Region (AWS GCR) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills.
We are looking for an enterprise architect, who will partner with enterprise customers, AWS Sales and several other AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services.
In collaboration with sales, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers, especially in greenfield and lighthouse customers.
As a trusted customer C-level advocate, the solutions architect will help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of AWS within enterprise customers. You are required to deliver cloud adoption roadmap for customers, based on AWS services and solutions.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software/technology sales or consulting, building solutions using the Cloud.
The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to a solutions architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
- Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
- Enjoy working with enterprise customers. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of enterprise customers.
- Have a strong understanding of large-scale computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as an enterprise architect, consultant or senior solution architect. You need not only understand the depth of specific IT area, but also produce business, application, data and infrastructure in an integrated framework. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
Roles and Responsibilities
• In partnership with the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS
• As a key member of the business development and sales team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform for lighthouse customers
• Deliver different kinds of value proposition to greenfield customers, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
• Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
• Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
• Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
• Own enterprise value map to identify workloads in specific area for customers in GCR, also conduct workshops to lead customer to find value proposition in cloud adoption journey
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, MIS, engineering or relevant backgrounds
• 7+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications, and DevOps practice
• 5+ years' experience in enterprise architecture design, including infrastructure architecture, application framework, database architecture and networking
• 3+ years relevant experience in technology/software consultant, integration or pre-sales
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
• Ability to communicate fluently in English (Verbal, Written, Speaking).
Location is flexible in Beijing and Shanghai
• Master or above degree in computer science, MIS, business management, engineering or relevant subjects
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers.
• Strong written communication skills including consultant reports, narratives, technical reports and whitepapers
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries, especially in open source related frameworks
• Experiences in using Python or other coding skills in data science, AI/ML and/or enterprise application integration
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
• Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, Information Assurance, Virtual Desktop, etc.), products (i.e., Oracle, SAP) and frameworks (ITIL, Zachman, TOGAF, etc.)
• Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
• Experience in c-level customer coverages would be a plus
• Certifications in TOGAF or relevant EA areas would be a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.