Enterprise Account Manager - Atlantic Canada - Government
- Fredericton, Canada
Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services in the Canadian public sector market? Do you have the business savvy, public sector experience, and technical background necessary to help establish Amazon as a key technology platform provider? Are you passionate about the public sector (Provincial Government and Municipality specifically)?
Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) is seeking an Enterprise Account Manager to help continue to build the Government and Municipality markets in Atlantic Canada. The WWPS Atlantic Canada Account Manager will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of within these market segments.
Your responsibilities will include helping to define key market drivers and partnerships to target across Atlantic Canada, establishing those relationships, and managing the day-to-day interactions in order to build long-term sales, business and marketing opportunities.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Help define and update the mission, goals, and success metrics for the Atlantic Canada public sector business and ensure it's in line with the overall business strategy.
• Work with the senior management to create a prioritized action plan to exceed revenue and strategic goals.
• Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. operations, service teams, legal, support, etc.)
• Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
• Manage complex contract negotiations, working with senior executives both inside and outside of Amazon and serve as a liaison to the legal group.
• Research and identify new opportunities for the Canada Government at provincial level and municipality, including specific prospects/partners to approach with a technical value proposition for using .
• Work closely with the customer base to ensure they are successful using our web services and have the technical resources required.
• Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
• Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key education and non-profit market segments.
• Ability to travel up to 40% within country.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
• 8+ years of sales/business development and/or program/product management experience.
• 4+ years experience in the Canadian Atlantic Region Government and Municipality sectors.
• Must be Fluent in English
• Master's degree, preferably in business administration related field.
• Experience driving sales and business development in the Canadian Atlantic Region Government and Municipality market.
• Experience working within the Canadian Atlantic Region technology industry and working knowledge of web services technology and software development tools and technologies.
• Ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule trade-offs and opportunistic new ideas with technical employees.
• Working knowledge of ICT strategy within the Canada public sector procurement models.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills in English.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Back to top