Engineering Project Manager Robotics
- Chantilly, VA
We are seeking an experienced and business oriented Engineering Project Manager to lead the capacity, capital planning and project execution for the continued expansion of our EU fulfillment network.
Successful candidates will have Engineering Program and Project Management experience.
The Engineering Project Manager will understand the details of an Amazon Fulfillment Center design, implementation, modeling, estimating and managing new Fulfillment Center start-ups.
The individual will lead a project team and provide leadership in managing the build specifications; pre-contract work, internal teams and vendor relations.
This individual will be responsible for managing critical path and helping other teams deliver network capacity on time.
The Engineering Project Manager will define, drive and simplify strategy, while being detailed oriented and agile to manage business changes and keep driving initiatives. The individual will conduct multiple weekly meetings with internal teams and vendors to plan and track deliverables.
The individual will own and develop technology innovations and solutions on a need basis and work very closely with other teams.
This role holder will be interfacing and driving various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization in order to be successful.
• University Degree, B.S. or Master's Degree in Engineering (or science/technology).
• Proficiency in English required.
• Proven technical leadership experience in development and implementation of large scale, complex projects.
• Proven experience leading overall end-to-end project delivery including resources, Capital Expenditure (CAPEX), schedule and vendor management.
• Proven experience leading technical design reviews and proposing design solutions for material handling and storage solutions that meet both business needs and leverage global design standardization.
• Experience leading a project team including Project Managers and Engineering Contractors.
• Experience with creating, submitting and tracking CAPEX documentation.
• Experience leading critical path schedule items
• Excellent working knowledge using MS Excel, AutoCAD, MS Project and related software.
• A plus is speaking other EU languages and specifically the local language of French and/or Spanish.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.
We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top