Engineering Project Manager Amazon Robotics
- Cambridge, United Kingdom
Amazon is seeking an experienced and business oriented Engineering Project Manager to lead the capacity, capital planning and project execution for the continued expansion of our EU fulfillment network. Successful candidates will have strong level of ownership and be highly motivated individuals who have Engineering Program and Project Management experience. The role will understand the details of an Amazon Fulfillment Center design, implementation, modeling, estimating and managing new Fulfillment Center start-up's. This individual will lead a project team and provide leadership in managing the build specifications; pre-contract work, internal teams and vendor relations. This individual will be responsible for managing critical path and helping other teams deliver network capacity on time. The Engineering Project Manager will drive and invent and simplify strategy, will have high work capacity while being detailed oriented and agile to manage business changes and keep driving the initiatives. This individual needs to be comfortable interfacing and driving various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization in order to be successful.
You will travel extensively (~85%) to locations in Europe and occasionally to international sites.
Work with internal Amazon teams and external vendors to deliver CAPEX projects and innovations to win business:
• Lead overall end-to-end project delivery including resources, CAPEX, schedule and vendor management.
• Conduct multiple weekly standing meetings with internal teams and vendors to plan and track deliverables.
• Evaluate and simplify current working procedures and improve organization team structure.
• Lead technical design reviews and propose design solutions for material handling and storage solutions that meet both business needs and leverage global design standardization.
• Lead a project team including 1 to 3 Project Managers and several Engineering Contractors.
• Create, submit and track the relevant Capex documentation to ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within budget and best overall value.
• Deep dive on technical details and lead problem resolution on a need basis.
• Communicate project status, drive and elevate decision making and help requests.
• Lead critical path schedule items and escalate to leadership on potential risks and delays.
• Assist in engineering capacity management for EU.
• Assist in providing equipment projections to procurement and partner for best value and competition.
• Coordinate information between various teams in the organization.
• Own and develop technology innovations and solutions on a need basis.
• Work very closely with the Real Estate, IT and Operations teams from project start to end.
• Ability to understand Operational processes.
• University Degree, B.S. or Master, in Engineering (or science/technology).
• Proven technical leadership experience in development and implementation of large scale, complex projects.
• Flexibility to travel up to 50% across projects in Europe.
• Excellent working knowledge using MS Excel, AutoCAD, MS Project and related software.
• Fluency in English required. A plus is speaking other EU languages and specifically the local language of French and/or Spanish.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies. Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Back to top