Engineering Operations Technician (Shift)
- Seattle, WA
We are currently seeking a Data Center Operations Technician to serve as a technical resource within our mission critical Data Center. The position will help ensure overall availability and reliability to meet or exceed defined service levels of Data Center Engineering Operations. Due to the success of the Amazon' operations and rapid expansion of Data Centres we are recruiting suitable candidates to operate / maintain these facilities in Ireland. The successful candidates will be expected to have a positive involvement in both the maintenance of facilities and the improvement of efficiencies to help offer Amazon' customers better value.
- Assist in the operation and maintenance of all electrical, mechanical, and HVAC equipment within the Data Center/Facility. This equipment supports mission-critical servers and must maintain better than 99.999% uptime.
- Assist in maintenance and monitoring of all Data Center systems to include incidents/events, problems, changes, monitoring, problem escalation/notification/resolution and all other aspects of Data Center support.
- Monitor and troubleshoot all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, voice/data, chiller systems and generators.
- Provide assistance to contractor or data center engineers to ensure proper operation and maintenance of all facility equipment.
- Provide assistance to contractor or data center engineer to deploy new equipment, such as building racks, cabling, and other tasks as necessary
- Perform site walkthroughs to verify proper operation of Facility Equipment and Monitoring Systems
In addition to acting as a Facilities First Responder to critical events, this individual will also support new data center facilities and existing data center facilities and will demonstrate an ability to Operate with minimal supervision
The successful candidate show be able to demonstrate the following competencies / behaviors:
- An ability to solve problems through root-cause elimination, stepping back to understand the broader context.
- An aptitude for trouble-shooting and problem-solving complex issue
- Ability to maintain service level agreements (SLAs) through the implementation of proactive issue detection and immediate response.
-An ability to follow procedures system documentation and track issues through appropriate entries into a Trouble Ticket system.
-Demonstrate good judgment and instincts in decision making.
- Prioritise appropriately in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to take ownership for technical issues brought by the customer base.
-Be capable of actively engaging and working collaboratively with other support teams to drive resolution of problems encountered
-Must have a professional electrical certification (National Craft Certificate (NCC), Registered Electrical Contractor (REC), or equivalent)
-At least 1 to 4 years experience as an electrician subsequent to obtaining qualification or experience working at an electrical discipline.
-Demonstrate key electrical competencies and theory.
-Know and apply safe electrical practice according to guidelines set by relevant electrical safety supervisory bodies (e.g. ECSSAI and RECI in Ireland)
-Competent in use of basic IT programs such as MS Word/Excel or similar.
- Professional Certification in power engineering or Controls engineering
- Working knowledge of generic mechanical-room infrastructure such as chillers, Cooler Units, and fan controls.
- Familiar with the use of a CMMS and Approval systems.
- Working knowledge of backup generator systems
ADSIL, part of the Amazon group of companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top