Engineering Operations Technician (EOT)
- Frankfurt, Germany
The Data Center Engineering Operations Technician (EOT) is responsible for delivery of best practice systems and problem resolution on all data center electrical and mechanical infrastructure (UPS, MV electrical systems, generators, cooling systems etc.) within the data center environment in a specific location. The role requires a highly driven, self-managed individual who demonstrates initiative and proactively seeks solutions to complex technical problems. This position requires frequent site interventions, critical switching activities, along with troubleshooting and fixing infrastructure issues. The role would suit someone who enjoys working in a 'hands on' capacity on Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) infrastructure such as diesel generators, switchgear, UPS's, PDU's, AHU's, fire detection systems and building automation systems. You will report to the Data Center Engineering Operations Manager.
AWS Data Centers
AWS pioneered cloud computing in 2006, creating cloud infrastructure that allows customers build securely and innovate faster. We continuously innovates the designs and systems within our Data Centers to protect them from man-made and natural risks. As a result, Amazon data centers are large-scale high-density centers where you will work on changing the face of Cloud Technology in the region.
People and Culture
To succeed in AWS, people must be self-motivated, highly technically-minded and intent on delivering world-class results. You will put the customer first in everything you do and build trust and communicate effectively with people at all levels of the business. Our team culture is collaborative; it is designed to empower and enable to you to succeed. We take pride in the diversity that is achieved by the global talent within the company. We promote and develop a strong safety culture.
The successful candidate will be accountable for:
• Setting and maintaining the highest standards for safety and actively promoting a world-class safety culture in all aspects of operational procedure
• Driving continuous improvement efforts on infrastructure through standardization of procedures and policies, while delivering performance against agreed metrics
• Enabling the operations organization to delivering 100% up-time on all customer supporting infrastructure
• Collaborating effectively with internal & external stakeholders to deliver operational excellence for all AWS customers
• Responsible for ensuring that the preventive maintenance of site-critical facility infrastructure is planned and executed to the highest standards, in accordance to AWS procedures
• In charge of facility monitoring & supervision (via BMS, PMS, Walkthrough...etc.)
• Participation in the successful delivery of build-out and retrofit of Data Center infrastructure
• Ensuring organizational capability to react & respond appropriately to any potential customer-impacting event on any component of electrical or mechanical infrastructure.
• Reviewing incident reports, documenting periodic trend summaries, and providing updates and recommended actions to management
• Draft, update & maintain method statements, standard operating procedures, emergency response procedures, preventive maintenance programs, and all technical documentation pertaining to DCEO
• Work on a 24x7 schedule (where applicable)
• Work at heights and from ladders.
• Perform physical tasks during the shift
• Work in a noisy environment with ear protection
Good verbal and written English communication skills • Apprentice/trades certified or diploma in an Electrical field • Demonstrate key electrical competencies (Practice & Theory) • Knowledge of mechanical systems (Mechanical, HVAC systems, Controls) • Ability to draft accurate support procedures in English, system documentation, and issue tracking entries • Ability to take full ownership of technical issues • Willing to travel between Data center sites, and internationally if required • Solid IT skills; experience and knowledge of MS Office suite.
3+ years of experience in operations and on-call support for Data Center facilities / or Mission Critical Plants/ Production facilities • An undergraduate degree in a technical field (EE, MechE, IndustrialE); • Project Management experience
Back to top