Engineering Operations Technician / Engineer
- Vancouver, Canada
We are currently seeking a Data Center Engineering Operations Technician / Engineer to serve as a technical resource within our mission critical Data Center. The position will help ensure overall availability and reliability to meet or exceed defined service levels of Data Center Engineering Operations.
What we offer:
Amazon offers a fast paced, fun, and exciting work environment. We continue to grow at exponential rates and are looking for individuals that can support our speed to market, enjoy a challenge, and have a desire for professional growth and continuous learning experiences. Amazon's work environment is unique in every aspect and offers an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate.
Due to the success of the Amazon' operations and rapid expansion of Data Centres we are recruiting suitable candidates to operate / maintain these facilities in Spain. In this role you will have a positive involvement in both the maintenance of facilities and the improvement of efficiencies to help offer Amazon' customers better value.
You will also be involved in:
• Assisting in the operation and maintenance of all electrical, mechanical, and HVAC equipment within the Data Center/Facility. This equipment supports mission-critical servers and must maintain better than 99.999% uptime.
• Assisting in the maintenance and monitoring of all Data Center systems to include incidents/events, problems, changes, monitoring, problem escalation/notification/resolution and all other aspects of Data Center support.
• Monitoring and troubleshooting all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, voice/data, chiller systems and generators.
• Providing assistance to contractor or data center engineers to ensure proper operation and maintenance of all facility equipment.
• Providing assistance to contractor or data center engineer to deploy new equipment, such as building racks, cabling, and other tasks as necessary
• Performing site walkthroughs to verify proper operation of Facility Equipment and Monitoring Systems
In addition to acting as a Facilities First Responder to critical events, you will be a part of the team supporting new data center facilities and existing data center facilities!
This role is 24*7 rotation.
Come check out our City Guide for the Zaragoza region: https://emea-resources.awscloud.com/aws-emea-careers-city-guides/welcome-to-aws-zaragoza.
Please Apply With Your CV / LinkedIn Profile In English
• Must have a professional certification within an engineering field
• At least 1+ years experience in an engineering environement as subsequent to obtaining qualification or experience working at an electrical discipline.
• Demonstrate key electrical competencies and theory.
• An ability to solve problems through root-cause elimination, stepping back to understand the broader context.
• An aptitude for trouble-shooting and problem-solving complex issue
• An ability to follow procedures system documentation and track issues through appropriate entries into a Trouble Ticket system.
• Know and apply safe electrical practice according to guidelines set by relevant electrical safety supervisory bodies
• Ability to maintain service level agreements (SLAs) through the implementation of proactive issue detection and immediate response
• Competent in use of basic IT programs such as MS Word/Excel or similar.
• Professional Certification in power engineering or Controls engineering
• Working knowledge of generic mechanical-room infrastructure such as chillers, Cooler Units, and fan controls.
• Familiar with the use of a CMMS and Approval systems.
• Working knowledge of backup generator systems
• Demonstrate good judgment and instincts in decision making.
• Prioritise appropriately in a complex, fast-paced environment.
• Willingness to take ownership for technical issues brought by the customer base.
• Be capable of actively engaging and working collaboratively with other support teams to drive resolution of problems encountered
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top