Engineering Operations Technician
- Madrid, Spain
DCEO Engr - AG
The Data Center Engineering Operations Technician (EOT) are Amazon's front line responders for hands-on electrical and mechanical equipment troubleshooting and operation. This equipment includes, but is not limited to, stand-by diesel generators, switchboards/switchgears, UPSs, PDUs, AHUs, pumps, motors, VFDs, and building automation systems. They provide 24/7 shift coverage which could include 12 hour shifts, rotating shifts, 3, 4, or 5 day work weeks.
• Operate and maintain mechanical and electrical, mechanical, emergency generator, and fire/life safety equipment within the data center
• Troubleshoot of facility and rack-level events within internal SLAs
• Perform limited maintenance tasks to including filter changes, HVAC PMs, rack power installs, rack PDU, and rack ATS replacements
• Provide support to Data Center Operations technicians
• Perform root cause analysis of equipment failures
• Ensure all safety procedures are adhered to while performing work
• Work a 12 hour shift (rotating 3 and 4 day work weeks days or nights)
• Take daily operational readings of all mechanical and electrical equipment through routine rounds/log taking (temperatures, voltages, currents, etc.)
• Utilize internal CMMS to manage building workflows and spare part inventory
• Supervise contractors who perform servicing or preventive maintenance
• Respond to off hour emergency calls per on call rotation for any one of the region's sites
• Fully comply with all physical security procedures and policies
• Drive innovation while reducing operational costs in the facilities
• Manipulate small wires and objects
• Perform the following tasks, with or without reasonable accommodation:
o Walk job sites in uneven terrain
o Work in extreme climates
o Work at heights and from ladders
o Regularly lift and/or move up to 49 pounds; and participate in group lifts for 50 pounds or more
o Bend or twist the body into unusual positions while working
o Push or pull heavy objects into position
o Work in noisy environments
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and work in cramped and/or elevated locations with or without reasonable accommodation
Ability to work non-standard hours including nights and weekends.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active Top Secret security clearance.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• Bachelor's Degree or Technical (Military/ Trade School) Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline, or equivalent work experience.
• 2+ years of electrical, mechanical or data center experience
• Experience with Microsoft Word and Outlook.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and work in cramped and/or elevated locations with or without reasonable accommodation
• Ability to work non-standard hours including nights and weekends.
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance at the Top Secret level
• Preferred Qualifications
• Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline
• 4+ years of Data Center Engineering Experience
• Fundamental knowledge of network design and layout as well as low voltage (copper/ fiber) cabling
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (excel, word) and web-based operational tools
• Familiar with BMS and EPMS control systems and data collection/trending
• Proficient with maintenance management software
• Solid leadership and organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Proven self-starter
• Ability to be self-sufficient and complete tasks with little direction
• Ability to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment
• Operating engineering license(s) such as DC II, DC III, or equivalent
• Electrical or mechanical Journeyman License
• CFC license (Universal or minimum Type II)
• NFPA 70E Cert
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Navy: AD, AE, AT, CE, CM, EM, EMN, ET, ETN, EW, FC, FT, MM, MMN, EN, STG, STS, UT
Army:15D, 15F, 15X, 15Y, 21P, 21Q, 21R, 31L, 35N, 52C, 52D, 52F
Marines:612, 613, 1141, 1142, 1161, 6073, 6322, 6323, 6324, 6326, 6332, 6333, 6336, 6337
Air Force: 3E531, 3E631, 3E032, 3E131, 3E331, 3E431, 2M033, 3D136, 3D137, 3E031
Back to top