Engineering Operations Technician
- Zurich, Switzerland
Amazon is looking for a detail-oriented individual to join our Data Centre Engineering Operations (DCEO) Team. This committed group works to maintain the critical infrastructure that supports Amazon Web Services' Customers. Specifically, this team works to ensure that the data centre operates at 100% availability while maintaining first-class customer service.
The Engineering Operations Technician is responsible for ensuring that all electrical, mechanical, and fire/life safety equipment are maintained to the highest standards and operate efficiently at all times. Additional tasks will involve risk management and mitigation, the supervision of corrective and preventative maintenance of critical infrastructure, vendor management and metric reporting.
Main responsibilities may include:
1. Assisting in the design and build of new data halls and Data Centres.
2. Producing reports and documentation on all aspects of the critical infrastructure
3. On-site management of sub-contractors and vendors, ensuring that all work performed is in accordance with established practices and procedures.
4. Managing the relationship with third party Colocation providers and their staff.
5. Reviewing vendor RAMS (Risk Assessment Method Statements) and MOPs (Methods of Procedure) to ensure all safety practices are adhered to while performing work.
6. Responsibility for the operation and management of both routine and emergency services on a variety of critical systems such as: switchgear, generators, UPS systems, power distribution equipment, chillers, cooling towers, computer room air handlers, building monitoring systems etc.
7. Identifying and executing opportunities to improve energy efficiency in the Data Centre
8. Project management of a variety of operational aspects of the Data Centre.
9. Asset and inventory management.
10. Participating in recruiting efforts.
11. Working 12 hour rotating Day/ Night shifts and flexibility to travel between sites.
• Diploma in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• 4+ years of work experience in a critical operations environment.
• Full UK driving license.
• Good understanding of Data Centre critical infrastructure; such as Diesel Generators, Chillers, Cooling Towers, CHW Systems, Air Handling Units, UPS, HV/LV Electrical distribution systems, Fire Detection and suppression systems.
• Ability to prioritize in a complex and fast-paced environment.
• BS7671 18th Edition
• High/Low Voltage Authorised Person (AP) experience
• 6+ years of Data Centre Engineering/Operations Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
• Fundamental knowledge of network design and layout as well as low voltage (copper/ fibre) cabling.
Back to top