Engineering Operations Tech
Amazon is looking for an energetic, detail-oriented individual to join our Data Center Engineering Operations Team. This committed group works to maintain the critical physical infrastructure that supports Amazon Web Services. Specifically, this team works to ensure that the data center's MEP operates at 100% availability while maintaining first-class customer service to the teams and groups within the data centers.
The Data Center Engineering Operations Technician (EOT) is responsible for operating and maintaining all electrical, mechanical, and fire/life safety equipment within the data center. The EOT serves as a technical resource to support Amazon within its owned and operated data centers. Data center equipment that supports mission-critical servers must maintain better than 99.999% uptime. EOT's are also tasked with driving innovation while reducing operational costs in the facilities.
EOT's are Amazon's front line responders for hands-on electrical and mechanical equipment troubleshooting and operation. This equipment includes, but is not limited to, stand-by diesel generators, switchgear, UPS's, PDU's, AHU's, chillers, cooling towers, chemical treatment systems, pumps, motors, VFD's, and building automation systems.
- Operate and maintain mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Perform root cause analysis of equipment failures.
- Troubleshooting of facility and rack-level events within internal SLA.
- Ensure all safety procedures are adhered to while performing work.
- Able to work a 12 hour shift (rotating 3 to 4 day work weeks).
- Take daily operational readings of all mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Utilize internal CMMS to manage building workflows.
- Technical (Military/ Trade School) training and/or relevant experience.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid leadership and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven self-starter.
- Ability to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Walk job sites in uneven terrain.
- Work at heights and from ladders.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 49 pounds; and participate in group lifts for 50 pounds or more.
- Work shifts longer than eight hours in duration.
- Coordinate body movements when using tools or equipment
- Reach and stretch to position equipment and fixtures while maintaining balance
- Bend or twist the body into unusual positions while working
- Perform physical tasks all day without becoming overly tired
- Use hands to manipulate small wires and objects
- Push or pull heavy objects into position
- Work in a noisy environment
- Work at depths, such as under raised floors
- 4+ years of data center operations/facilities experience
- Associates or Bachelors in applicable engineering field or mechanical or electrical trades
- Operating engineering licenses such as DC II, DC III, or equivalent
- Stationary Engineering or Building Engineering License
- Electrical or mechanical Journeyman License
- CFC license
- NFPA 70E
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top