Engineering and Construction PMO
- Bengaluru, India
The successful candidate will be a key part of the Transportation Engineering Services (TES) Design and Construction (D&C) Team and will be responsible for the Program Management Office (PMO) for ATS (Amazon Transportation Services) planning, design and construction. This will include the extension of existing facilities and any new sites. The PMO will play an integral role in the development and implementation of the EU network infrastructure. This role will analyze and evaluate different facility scenarios and build-out projects, implement strategic or project level governance to ensure a proper communication to business and internal customer.
In addition, this candidate has to support the creation, standardization and automatization of the governance tools.
This opportunity combines construction engineering, planning, project management, facilities management, and program management. It requires a person who can show proven ability in the planning and design, and project management / control of new and the enhancement of existing facility buildings plus a strong communicator with governance experience.
The role will be based in London or Luxembourg and will include frequent travel up to (60%) to all various locations within EU.
Work with internal construction project management team and internal business management teams to:
• Be a governance facilitator that maintains structure, procedures and standard ways of working that follow a common language for project and program delivery.
• Build mechanisms to identify risk in a sustainable and scalable way, as well as lead the communication with the business and related stakeholders to identify mitigations or solutions.
• Develop and implement unified platform tools, information systems and leverage analytics and data visualization to support reporting and decision-making process.
• Develop, evaluate and simplify current working procedures and improve organization team structure and document tracking.
• Understand, track and communicate risk to project deliverables with the project owners to identify a path forward and mitigation plans.
• Drive the communication of mitigation plans to the business with clear deadlines for decision-making.
• Communicate project status, drive and elevate decision-making and help requests.
• Lead critical path schedule items and escalate to leadership/business on potential risks and delays.
• Assist in engineering capacity management for EU.
• Ability to understand Construction Operational processes.
• University Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architect, Industrial Engineering, Finance.
• Master's Degree in Construction Management, Finance or Business (MBA Programs)
• Certifications such as PMI, PMP, PRINCE or Master Certificate in Project Management.
• Proven technical leadership experience in development and implementation of large scale, complex projects as the main construction/engineering project manager.
• Excellent working knowledge using MS Excel, MS Project, Autocad.
• Proficiency in Data management systems, CRM and Business Intelligence tools: Tableau, MS Project, Salesforce, SharePoint development, MS SQL, Etc or basic knowledge of code writing skills (SQL , C++)
• Fluency in English required. Preferred proficiency of other European languages
• Lean or Six Sigma Green/Black Belt certification.
• Experience in governance risk and compliance.
• • Being a chartered Engineer is an asset.
• Ability to effectively communicate Amazon requirements to various audiences (e.g. senior management, peers, public officials, vendors, etc.)
• Significant experience with technology companies and leveraging construction best practices to drive technology company needs.
• Fluency in other European languages (Spanish, French, Italian, German)
Back to top