Engagements Solutions Architect, AWS Solutions Architecture
- Seattle, WA
Are you passionate about building cloud-native applications that solve industry-specific problems? Would you like to help customers discover the benefits that cloud computing can bring to their organizations? Are you someone who champions projects, optimizes processes, and cares about the impact your creations have?
The AWS Worldwide Solutions Architecture Customer Engagements team is looking for an Engagements Architect. You will work with Industry-vertical technical and business leaders to create and deliver solutions that solve complex industry use cases:
• Design and deliver solutions that solve for new levels of complexity, scale and performance, and in turn, enable breakthrough innovations.
• Interact with other AWS teams, integrating your solutions into existing mechanisms to measure impact, or create new mechanisms where necessary.
• Champion the process and work with others on the team on impact metrics and process improvements.
• Be part of a world-class team that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be comfortable working with others to generate requirements, writing and delivering complete software stacks, and owning processes. You should be equally comfortable on the whiteboard and the keyboard.
The ability to learn new technologies, and apply those to new industry- specific use-cases, developing solutions that meet a high-quality bar, is critical to the role.
The role can be based in Seattle, Washington or Northern Virginia/Washington DC. Other U.S. locations where AWS has a presence will be considered and include Arlington, Atlanta, Austin, Ballston, Boston, Chicago, Cupertino, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, East Palo Alto, Herndon, Houston, Irvine, Minneapolis, New York City, Pittsburgh, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington D.C., Tempe, Sunnyvale, and Santa Monica.
• 5+ years design/implementation/consulting application development experience working with Enterprise IT companies, technology consulting firms, management or strategy consulting firms.
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field/experience
• Experience contributing to Open Source Software and working with respective communities
• Experience conducting one-to-few and one-to-many interactive sessions, such as workshops, while acting as lead and supporting other functions such as business development, marketing, and services teams.
• Demonstrated competency in the areas of group collaboration, analytical thinking and strategy.
• Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
• Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Experience with agile development or similar methodologies for continuous product development and deployment
• Deep knowledge in software development tools and methodologies and active, hands-on coding and application design experience
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
• Ability to demonstrate body of work and influence (e.g. public repos, public speaking, Open Source contributions or similar)
Back to top