Are you an experienced project manager with preferably a background in Professional Services consulting? At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring an Engagement Manager / Project Manager to lead the management and delivery of our most complex projects in the Public Sector.
AWS Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective AWS customer experience, best practices, and obsessing about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to products, services, and training teams, to deliver the right solutions and drive feature innovations for our Enterprise customers. These professional services engagements focus on the full platform of AWS customer solutions to help our customers and partners remove constraints and accelerate their journey to AWS.
We are looking for candidates with both technical and business-focused skills and experience who can articulate the outcomes and value of their work. You'll build trusted relationships with IT, business and clinical stakeholders, through your ability to identify and anticipate their needs, drivers and associated risks.
The successful candidate can be based in Cape Town or Johannesburg and must be willing travel between the two cities when necessary.
- Lead teams of AWS delivery consultants who will be responsible for the successful delivery of projects with our most strategic customers across Europe
- Teach customers, partners and internal teams on our agile delivery framework and continue to develop and iterate on the current methodology to accelerate both innovation and migration scenarios with customers
- Accelerate internal and external stakeholder alignment, team cohesion and risk mitigation while ensuring feedback loops close the engagement lifecycle and create new opportunities
- Drive a consistent project/engagement experience for our customers through our Engagement Manager community
- Work as a strategic business partner to help customers achieve their business outcomes and help to drive innovation throughout the engagement life cycle
- Deliver and manage multi-stream technical engagements with partners and customers.
- Create and deliver executive-level and detailed status reports that properly communicates a project's progress and financials tailored to the audience.
- Responsible for managing customer expectations, managing AWS delivery consultants, and managing the scope, budget and governance of each individual project.
- Guardianship of project delivery quality (Delivery Quality Bar raisers), providing oversight of engagements, leading scope definition and statement of work development with customers
- Defining and implementing simple and agile processes to enable consistent high-quality delivery with excellent customer experience, and performing regular quality reviews with our customers
- Owns the customer satisfaction results, feedback, corrective actions and distributes learnings in a way that continually increased customer satisfaction
- Documents and uses completed projects, inclusive lessons learned, to communicate and educate to the entire sales force of the European-Wide Professional Services capabilities
- More than 5 years of experience of leading projects in Professional Services
- Experience in managing complex IT transformation projects in the public sector.
- Exceptional organizational and stakeholder management skills
- Exceptional communications skills, demonstrating the ability to use different channels and tools with technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience of leading teams with technical roles
- Experience of leading teams of more than 5 people with project budgets over $500K
- One or more active project management certification with an emphasis on Agile: APM, CSM, PMI-ACP, PMP, SAFe (Scaled Agile)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to demonstrate successful Agile delivery of public cloud initiatives to establish public cloud foundations, proof-of-concepts, application migrations from on-premise to public cloud, data analytics or machine learning at enterprise customers.
- AWS certifications: Cloud Practitioner and Solutions Architect, SysOps Administrator, Developer Associate exams
- Experience or managing projects across different geographies
- Experience of entrepreneurial activity; building or working in early stage start-ups and generating new business ideas