Would you like to help our customers innovate like Amazon and deliver breakthrough experiences for their end customers? Would you like to pioneer the use of cloud services to help drive innovation? Would you like to be part of building a fast-growing program to worldwide scale?
As AMER Digital Innovation Lead for the Energy industry, you will have an exciting opportunity to build our program in this new area, lead customer engagements and working with the worldwide program leadership shape and deliver the overall Digital Innovation program. Your primary responsibility will be to identify, develop, and lead engagements with Energy customers engaging line of business and C-suite leaders, qualifying opportunities, leading innovation workshops utilizing Amazon mechanisms like Working Backwards, and driving resultant prototypes and scaled solutions. In addition, you will lead your own engagements, build and participate in mechanisms for tracking engagement impact for customers and for AWS, and use your experience to help improve our engagement model.
You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial enterprise technology sales environment, and working with cross functional teams as many parts of the program will have interdependencies with other teams within AWS. Typically cross-functional collaboration includes sales leadership, solutions architecture, marketing, partners, professional services, and sales enablement.
Strong candidates will have demonstrated experience in identifying developing digital innovation opportunities for customers, a track record of leading and driving multiple projects to meet customer business objectives, excellent project management skills, a customer-obsessed and collaborative approach, strong data and metrics bias, a good understanding of cloud solutions, and a passion for helping customers transform using cloud technologies.
Role & Responsibilities
• Work with sales leadership to identify and qualify customers for the Digital Innovation program
• Identify and deliver high quality engagements using Amazonian innovation mechanisms like Working Backwards to identify specific end-customer problems or opportunities, articulate solutions in a press release, and bring them to life for customers, often as working cloud prototypes, working with relevant engineering and services teams, and partners as appropriate
• Lead specific customer engagements, conduct customer briefings, and present at customer events
• Assemble and manage the virtual team necessary to successfully progress Digital Innovation engagements sales leadership, ProServe, Marketing, Partners
• Ensure quality and authenticity of Working Backwards and Digital Innovation engagement execution
• Lead efforts to drive scale in the delivery of Digital Innovation engagements, notably working with marketing, partners
• Lead initiatives to train & enable local sales teams to help qualify customers
• Develop C-suite and line-of-business relationships with leading innovators within customer organizations
• Effectively track and articulate the value of engagements underway, and major wins
• Share knowledge effectively across the Energy and WW teams
• Help develop and improve the Digital Innovation engagement model based on engagement experience
• 5+ years of business development, consulting, product management, solutions development experience, or experience in selling to customers in the Energy industry
• Must have industry experience in Energy
• Must have experience with Digital Innovation program(s)
• Education Bachelor Degree required
• Experience leading geographically-dispersed, matrixed, and virtual teams
• Deep experience of business development in enterprise technology
• Good understanding of cloud platforms, and the technologies customers are using to drive and deliver digital innovation
• Familiarity with Amazonian innovation principles and mechanisms, notably customer obsession and working backwards
• Experience with training, enablement and accreditation
• Passion for the enterprise market deep understanding of how enterprises operate and the characteristics of large and global businesses
• Ability to multitask and manage portfolio of projects - work prioritization, planning, collaboration, and management
• Operational excellence mind-set and experience. Data driven. Excellent problem-solving skills. Adept at simplifying complexity and developing scalable propositions
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results. Ability to effectively lead and work with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills. Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams
• Strong business and financial acumen and negotiations skills
• Published thought leadership in digital transformation
• Good working knowledge of AWS Services especially higher level services that are the focus of customer innovation (AI/ML, IoT, etc.)
• MBA or equivalent
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for Houston, TX.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.