Do you have consulting experience delivering digital transformation engagements within the Energy industries (Oil & Gas and Power & Utilities)? Do you have deep technical and industry domain experience to deliver innovative ML/AI, IoT, and cloud solutions to enhance our Energy customers business and technical operations?
At AWS, we are hiring an Energy industry business/technical enterprise architect to be an Industry Specialist (IS) delivering transformational solutions to AWS Power & Utility and Oil & Gas customers. The IS will advise and deliver digital transformation solutions to improve our customers business operations and create new markets by deploying AWS Cloud services and consulting. Our AWS consultants deliver enterprise IT/Cloud infrastructure architecture guidance, lead innovative projects to deliver business outcomes, perform enterprise portfolio assessments and alignments, review operational best practices and conduct skills transfer workshops. Additional responsibilities will be to develop relationships with AWS partners to collaborate on providing new capabilities and offerings.
The Senior Consultant will collaborate with customers and partners to address security and compliance, performance at scale, availability and manageability of their IT operations. They will work closely with CxO and Director level customers to provide strategies for migrating existing systems and building new systems using the full range of AWS services.
We are looking for an experienced enterprise level consultant with ML/AI/IOT/Cloud expertise in the Energy Industry. They will have a strong combination of relevant Energy (Oil & Gas and Power & Utilities, Renewables) Industry and technical leadership experience plus exceptional people skills. They will be fast learners and serve as trusted advisors for our customer's business executives, enterprise architects, and IT leaders. They will collaborate with multiple AWS engineering teams to introduce and refine new platform web services for the largest enterprises. The team will harvest, package and publish best practices and repeatable offerings to AWS partners to accelerate their transition to a cloud based IT model using AWS.
• Engage customers - collaborate with account sales leaders and engineering teams to drive design wins and AWS platform adoption for Utility/Energy customers.
• Provide leadership on various IT disciplines such as AWS architectures, cloud operations optimization, AWS migrations, security, and the integration of AWS services to support Utility customer global requirements.
• Develop partnerships proactively develop industry solution maps for the Utility/Energy specialty and engage the leading solution and service providers. Drive collaboration and integration between multiple partners to deliver comprehensive solutions for large enterprises.
• Learn and teach Work with the global AWS professional services and Global Account leadership teams to assist in interviewing, training, and enabling the AWS customer facing teams in delivering value to Utility/Energy customers. Support them in harvesting and publishing best practices to broader field and partner teams. Also, guide them to engage individual project teams and teach the implementation processes and skills related to their technical specialty.
• Make new markets develop the industry offerings to drive design wins on the AWS platform to open new market segments for AWS cloud-based services in the Utility/Energy industry.
• Be a customer advocate - Work with AWS engineering service teams to convey deep technical requirements from partners and customers as input to AWS technology roadmaps.
• Deliver value - lead high quality delivery of a variety of business and technical engagements with partners and customers in the commercial and public sectors (NOCs & P&U), enabling breakthrough business outcomes for customers.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organizationleaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services as needed.
• 7 + years of experience leading cross functional industry and technical consulting teams to deliver innovative solutions and development of cloud offerings
• Customer relationship management experience and collaboration skills.
• Experience delivering technology and business transformational solutions to Energy customers by scoping, providing pre-sales and the delivery of consulting services leveraging AWS Cloud enabled technologies and services.
• Experience leveraging ML/AI/IOT/Cloud concepts and technologies to provide architectural, adoption, and deployed solution engagements to an Energy Industry customer base.
• Experience with cloud computing change management challenges and solutions.
• International sales and delivery experience w/ global Fortune 500 enterprise customers and partners.
• Visible IT Industry thought leadership on relevant topics related to cloud-based enterprise IT infrastructure
• Experience with design of mode, scalable delivery processes for technology consulting services
• Familiarity with Energy Industry (O&G and Power & Utility, Renewables) compliance & security standards
• Use of AWS Cloud as an enterprise digital and business platform
• Degrees in engineering and/or computer science
• BS level degree or years of experience required, computer science, engineering, business, or ML/AI/IOT background preferred.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us