Amazon is a leader in global e-commerce. We're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Our innovative technologies change the way people find, discover and buy products and services. Lawyers at Amazon are trusted members of the business. Our work is intellectually challenging, exciting and fast-paced. Developing innovative solutions to novel legal questions is part of our daily business. Like everyone at Amazon, we're passionate about our customers.
Amazon's Legal Department is looking for an experienced employment lawyer to support our UK business, with a particular focus on our customer fulfillment operations. You will be the primary legal point of contact for HR teams and other internal stakeholders and work on a broad range of individual and collective employment law related issues. As part of Amazon's UK Legal team based in London, you will work on exciting projects across business lines and across the EMEA region, dealing with a wide variety of legal topics and providing strategic counsel.
Your core responsibilities:
• Supporting HR teams and other internal stakeholders on a broad range of individual and collective employment law related issues
• Advising the business on strategic matters, including employee relations
• Drafting and implementing standard documentation and employment related policies and procedures in partnership with the HR teams and other internal stakeholders
• Proactively planning and implementing employment related programmes to support and protect the business
• Handling and resolving employment related disputes and escalations
• Dealing with the full range of employment litigation and regulatory matters, including the management of external counsel where appropriate
• Training the HR and Recruiting teams and developing and improving internal processes
• Fully qualified solicitor in the UK
• Minimum of 8 years' post-qualification legal experience, with at least 3 years at a highly reputable law firm with a focus on UK employment law
• Significant experience of a broad range of individual and collective employment law related issues
• High degree of independence, initiative and decisiveness, but also a desire to be challenged and to think outside the box
• Great judgment, especially in ambiguous situations
• Ability to prioritise in a fast-moving environment
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to deliver results, both as a member of the UK Legal team and the EMEA Labor & Employment team
• Capable of leading complex and time sensitive projects and co-ordinating internal stakeholders and external advisors
• In-house employment law experience, ideally within an international business
• Experience of advising warehousing, logistics and transportation businesses on employment law related issues
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.