Employee Relations Manager
- Tel Aviv, Israel
flexible location in Italy
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Human Resources team as an Employee Relations Manager
The central objective of Amazon's Employee Relations team is to ensure our organization's treatment of employees is fair, respectful, and consistent with our framework of core business values and objectives.
We are seeking a progressive, hands-on, customer-obsessed individual who will help to develop our employee relations agenda of creating a positive employee relations climate that supports employee safety, capability, engagement and a high performance, customer-obsessed culture.
The Employee Relations Manager will work proactively to:
• Partner with senior managers and HR teams to create and sustain positive employee relations programs and best practices designed to achieve engagement targets which are aligned to Amazon's ER philosophy.
• Define, develop the existing arrangements for collective consultation, negotiation and communication as required for the ongoing evolution of the business, and in compliance with Italian labor Laws and Amazon ER policies.
• Design, deliver and evaluate training programs to build up employee relations capability for both operations and HR.
• Analyze quantitative and qualitative data from multiple sources including employee feedback mechanisms to identify trends and insight that can be used to inform business decision making to ensure positive employee relations.
• Conduct and oversee employee relations and vulnerability risk assessment to identify opportunities and vulnerabilities
• Partner to engage in continuous improvement of communication vehicles and practices. Support and advise operations and HR partners on effective change management.
• In partnership with HR, Legal and PR design, review and revise people programs, policies, and practices to sustain positive employee relations which are compliant with the relevant employment law.
• Ensure employee relations compliance with Italian and EU legislation in partnership with our HR and Legal Partners
The individual also will work reactively on critical employee relations issues to support and advise managers and HR teams. Typically can only be successfully completed with limited time. Balancing time between projects and crisis-response is a critical component for success in the position. ER Managers also lead proactive programs that improve local and network employee relations. This will range from full project management to involvement and ownership for local implementation.
The ER Manager will report to the Head of Employee Relations for Italy. This is a full-time position that will require significant travel, up to 50% of the time over the course of the year, including occasional travel across the EU and North America. Due to the nature of the travel, the base location is flexible. The role can be located in any one of our sites in Italy.
Basic qualifications and experience Extensive experience in setting up effective provisions for collective communication and consultation in a unionized environment 5+ years direct experience in employee relations, labor relations, or labor/employment law with an emphasis on labor and employee relations work Experience in manufacturing/distribution/call center locations with experience working in unionized settings.
• Degree Level Education
• Solid understanding of Italian employment and labor laws
• Fluent in English and Italian
• Strong interpersonal and persuasion skills, enabling individual to establish partnerships working with senior leaders and across organizational lines
• Acts with sense of urgency, bias for action, fast pace, and desire to thrive in a dynamically growing environment
• High-quality judgment and sound decision-making
• Strong project and time management skills with ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects to closure
• Technically proficient in Microsoft Office Suite systems including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to pass a comprehensive background and reference check
Preferred qualifications and experience
• Relevant post grad education in human resources, employee relations, Legal (employment)
• Team player with strong written and oral communication skills; excellent public speaker
• Highly analytical thinker and problem solver
• Proven attention to detail; extremely organized
• Confident and innovative thinker; isn't satisfied with "checking the box" or just pulling out "what we did at my last job"
• Experience in designing and delivering successful training programs
Back to top