EMEA Corporate Procurement Sr Category Analyst
- Windhof, Luxembourg
Amazon is seeking a Category Analyst to join the Global Corporate Procurement team. The role can be based in a number of locations, including Luxembourg, London or Munich.
At Amazon, our vision is to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Our passion for invention leads us to pioneer and globalize new businesses and customer offerings daily. As we rapidly become the world's largest consumer of corporate services in many categories, the Global Corporate Procurement team is fueling our explosive growth by identifying innovative sourcing strategies and negotiating sustainable, long-term partnerships.
The Category Analyst will own the Procurement Intelligence process, gathering and analyzing relevant data and transforming it into actionable information that supports the decision making during the strategic sourcing process. The outcome expected from a successful Procurement Intelligence process is the development of a robust project pipeline for indirect spend categories spanning Marketing, Professional Services, Software and Technology, HR, Travel, Temp Labor, Construction, and Facilities. The Category Analyst will play a pivotal role in cooperating with Amazon's Global Category Managers as they lead strategic sourcing engagements with a wide range of business units to enable new Amazon initiatives to launch and scale rapidly. They will also oversee the assigned categories in the alignment of cost models and spend trends, to recommend future sourcing initiatives. Category Analysts have a strong bias for decision-making rooted in data and analytics. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a team that is having a daily impact on company success. If you are looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced, innovative company, come make history with Amazon's Corporate Procurement team.
Successful candidates must work well in a fast-paced and often ambiguous arena, and will be rewarded by working alongside highly collaborative and entrepreneurial colleagues in an environment that feels much more "startup" than "big company".
Primary responsibilities of this role:
• Category Analyst's primary responsibility is to produce Procurement Intelligence to build and maintain a robust pipeline of recommended sourcing projects for the strategic sourcing team
• Leverage spend analysis to engage with business functions to understand the strategic business direction, requirements and priorities considering spend size, complexity and evolution and to identify new sourcing opportunities
• Project-management of owned stages in the strategic RFx process (Request for Information, Request for Proposal)
• Cull insights from the analysis, consolidation and scoring of vendor proposals, and make recommendations to Category Managers and business partners
• Conduct macroeconomic and category spend analysis utilizing data from Amazon's spend analytics cube and external market data
• Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models and benchmarking analysis
• Provide guidance to internal stakeholders on procurement processes and maintain procurement ethics in accordance with Amazon's global policies
• Strong analytical skills and business acumen including the ability to distill, synthesize, and draw conclusions from large amounts of data
• 5+ years of relevant strategic sourcing and procurement experience at a multinational corporation with exposure to regional / multi-regional and/or global contracts
• BS/BA Degree
• Strong project leadership skills, including the ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization and time management
• Strong communication skills in English (written and verbal). Proficiency in any other European language is a plus (French, German, Italian, Spanish, etc)
• Relevant working experience with medium to high complex data analysis on Excel, requiring the use of pivot tables and/or other data manipulation features and formulas
• 7+ years of relevant strategic sourcing and procurement experience at a multinational corporation with exposure to regional / multi-regional and/or global contracts.
• In-depth understanding of best-in-class procurement practices (category management, benchmarking, should-cost models, RFx)
• Relevant working experience with data analysis tools such as Excel (VBA & Macros), SQL, etc.
• PMP, CIPS, APICS certification
• Master's Degree
Back to top