EMEA Business Development Lead, Security & Compliance Business Acceleration
- Barcelona, Spain
Are you an experienced cybersecurity expert? Do you have broad and deep knowledge of cloud computing and related IT technologies, especially as it relates to security and compliance? Do you have solid experience understanding and influencing security-related technology decisions made by public sector customers (governments, educational institutions, non-profit entities, and non-governmental organizations)? Do you enjoy working with customers to achieve greater successes and enhanced security by using cloud technology as part of a broader IT modernization effort?
Amazon Web Services, the world's leading provider of cloud computing services, seeks an experienced IT security leader (ideally with experience in the public sector or a regulated industry) to help Public Sector customers in the Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA), achieve measurably better cybersecurity than they can with their on-premises IT environments.
Reporting to the EMEA Regional Leader of Security & Compliance in the Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) business, this role will work side by side with WWPS sales leaders, solutions architect managers, and professional services practice managers. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and delivering on a strategy in EMEA region to help educate public sector market segments, customers, and regulators about how the AWS cloud can improve their security posture from their current on-premises implementation. As part of that effort, you will bring data and persuasive abilities to bear to help lay to rest any remaining concerns about cloud security.
You'll work closely with security marketing managers and public relations managers to develop and deliver higher level messages. This role will also assist with account-level sales to help with specific customer engagements. You will function primarily at the crucial middle level between marketing and sales to influence public sector markets broadly across the globe. You will have a special emphasis on public sector customers in EMEA, but you will also work closely with colleagues in the Americas and APAC geographies. Together with those colleagues, and supported by your own set of technologically deep, security-focused Solutions Architects within the WWPS team, you will help create and track goals, metrics, and reporting as you develop and execute a global strategy, with local customization as needed.
The ideal candidate will possess a diverse background in information security management, business, marketing, product marketing, sales and/or business development, and/or IT management background, as well as knowledge of cloud computing, industry trends, product development, business and organizational skills, and strong technical know-how. This role requires a passion for public sector customers and their missions, a talent for innovation, a desire to learn and be curious, and a high level of comfort navigating ambiguity while creating clarity as you move forward. You should be able to scale and influence key decision-makers both externally and internally, while also being able to dive deep, paying attention to details.
• Working with WWPS leaders, develop a strategy to influence and measurably impact public sector customers' perception and experience around AWS's cloud security and compliance capabilities; and then deliver on that strategy.
• The strategy will include, but not be limited to, improved security marketing and messaging (working closely with the AWS Security and AWS Marketing teams); evangelism, content development and delivery, and participating in industry events; specific security-related strategic customer engagements in a sales overlay model; and efforts to improve security and compliance models and regimes in different countries and public sector submarkets (working closely with the AWS Assurance team).
• Develop, elucidate, and bring back to the AWS engineering and security teams customer feedback and requirements to help AWS continually improve its capabilities, features, and delivery models.
• Relevant business or technical leadership, information security management, product management, business development, program or project management, and/or operations experience in and around information technologies, with a special emphasis on knowledge and experience related to information security and compliance.
• Solid knowledge of and experience with IT security, defense in depth, compliance frameworks, cloud computing, service-oriented architectures, distributed systems, modern application architectures, and the like.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges; strong analytical and excellent communications skills, verbal/presentation skills, writing skills, and attention to detail.
• Proven ability to influence and guide both customers and internal stakeholders around business and technical strategies in the security area, and to translate from business requirements to technical solutions.
• Must have a passion for innovation, be comfortable defining a way forward in the face of ambiguity, have the ability to scale and influence broadly, and as well as the ability to dive deep and pay attention to details.
• Must enjoy working in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment; collaboration, and teamwork skills and experience.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in relevant business, computer science, and/or engineering disciplines.
• Able to work in a diverse team
• Rich experience with IT security, both technical and operational, as well as experience with compliance regimes and standards relevant to countries in EMEA, as well as commercial regimes such as PCI DSS, or equivalents.
• Proven hiring, team building, and management skills, including hiring, developing, and promoting the best, with full management control over organizations of five or more technical and/or business professionals.
• Masters' degree in relevant business discipline.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu ) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates
Back to top