Embedded Software Engineer - Device Logging and Diagnostic
- Austin, TX
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Customer obsession is Amazon's number one principle. When our customer's Amazon devices need help, we strive to provide the most comprehensive information for the support team and developers to solve customer's issue.
Device Logging and Diagnostics team is responsible for on-device logging and diagnostic tools that is deployed on the millions of Amazon devices. You'll help to create the cutting-edge solution that empowers developers to provide the best user experiences on the Amazon-technology-powered devices. We are looking for innovative engineers who holds high standard on their work to contribute on wide range of products and technologies. You will be creating logging and diagnostic solutions that are deployed on major Amazon software releases covering the entire FireOS device line up, ACS(Amazon Common Software)-enabled products, and more. This is an ideal role for a software developer who is passionate about creating the best-in-class remote diagnostic solutions to benefit all the Amazon device technology developers.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
• 5+ years of experience in software development in C/C++, 3+ years with C-coding
• 1+ years of experience in a technical team lead role
• 1+ years of experience writing software for a MCU RTOS based device
• 1+ years Embedded systems experience
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
• Computer Science fundamentals experience in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Embedded systems experience with focus on Linux or RTOS
• Experience negotiating design and APIs with other software teams
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
• A track record of seeking out and resolving system performance issues involving memory and CPU
• Experience working across multiple engineering teams to drive software designs
• Excellence in technical communication with peers, partners, and non-technical cohorts
• Native Android based experience a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top