Embedded Software Engineer - AWS Panorama
- Palo Alto, CA
Have you ever wanted to work on state of the art embedded devices that perform computer vision, natural language processing and applied machine learning that will make a lasting impact on society?
We recently announced AWS Panorama (https://aws.amazon.com/panorama) and AWS Panorama Appliance (https://aws.amazon.com/panorama/appliance/). We are looking for brilliant Embedded Software Development Engineers who have the passion to tackle tough problems by bringing cutting edge technologies to consumer IoT products at Amazon!
As an Embedded Software Development Engineer on the AWS Panorama Team, you will design and develop reliable, scalable, and high-performance embedded systems that help move computer vision and machine learning into new markets. You will be an integral member of the AWS Panorama team, responsible to design, develop and implement embedded software for AI devices ecosystem.
We are looking for talented and passionate Embedded Software Engineers to be part of an exciting team.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of embedded software development experience
• Master's Degree or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
• Experience with software development for embedded systems and/or Linux kernel and device drivers
• Experience designing secure IoT software for embedded Microcontrollers (ARM, PIC, etc.) and/or wireless subsystems (BT, WiFi, etc) in a production environment
• Experience in integrating IoT systems with cloud computing such as AWS services (S3, DynamoDB, EC2).
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top