Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods. With affordable solutions that work on any home, Ring is committed to offering smart security that's accessible to everyone. Now Ring is part of the Amazon Devices family, and is seeking software engineers who will help us create the next generation of home security. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
We are now having an hiring blitz event - target to talents who are interested in Embedded Software Engineer or Firmware Engineer positions.
Embedded Software Engineer
As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will be a core member of the Ring Taipei development team. Ideal candidate would be passionate about building IOT products. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
The ideal candidate:
• Enjoys working side by side with partners, colleagues and teams on tough problems
• Is highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
• Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish
• Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge
Ring is looking for a firmware engineer who will focus on bringing up boards, porting device drivers, developing a diagnostic firmware platform, and initiatives for existing and new Ring products.
You will be a part of our global firmware engineering team playing a critical role in ensuring the highest product quality standards and driving continuous improvement for the products.
You will contribute to various embedded platforms. You are going to work closely with the firmware application teams, factory management teams, and vendors to facilitate the execution of the company's complex business needs.
You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within a fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will:
• Be devoted to maintaining underlying embedded platform firmware
• Develop firmware for automation tests and manufacturing tests
• Deal with board bring-up and validate performance
• Handle device driver implementation/porting and performance tweaking
Embedded Software Engineer
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent practical experience
• 5+ years of software development experience
• Experience in embedded development experience in C/C++, and familiarity with SoC and embedded CPU.
• Experience with writing low-level drivers, interrupt service routines and general troubleshooting/debugging with hardware
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• 8+ years of firmware engineer experience
• Experience in C programming
• Must have embedded Linux or Free RTOS platform development experience
• With board bring-up or device driver porting ability
• Medium level of English, including listening and speaking
• Able to travel 20% of the time domestically and internationally
Embedded Software Engineer
• Master's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
• Experience with one of more commercial wireless protocols like Z-Wave, ZigBee, BLE, or WiFi
• Experience in firmware development and testing of battery powered products
• Experience with development tools like IAR/Keil and Git version control system
• Experience with common bus protocols such as SPI, I2C, and UART
• Experience with software testing (unit, regression and system testing)
• Knowledge of Unix/Linux environments and embedded Linux
• Comfortable in some scripting language of choice
• Prior experience with system bring-up, manufacturing line testing, or wireless networking drivers is a big plus
• Prior experience in Python or analyzing sensor data (or interest in learning) is also a plus
• Experience with simulations in Matlab or ns-3 is a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience working at/with factory manufacturing engineering team is preferred
• Experience in developing IP camera or video streaming related products is a preferred
• Familiarity with WiFi/BT/BLE protocol stacks is a good plus
• BSD socket programming skill is a plus
• Knowledge of C++ is good to have
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the first-ever video doorbell, to the award-winning DIY Ring Alarm system, Ring's smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.