Are you inspired by building new technologies to benefit customers? Do you dream of being at the forefront of robotics and autonomous system technology? Would you enjoy working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, start-up like environment? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the Amazon Scout team.
We've been hard at work developing a new, fully-electric delivery system Amazon Scout designed to get packages to customers using autonomous delivery devices. The Amazon Scout team shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to impact customers in a meaningful way. We're looking for individuals who like dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, and working in a startup like environment. To learn more about Amazon Scout, check out our Amazon Day One Blog post here: http://amazon.com/scout
As an Embedded SDE in on-robot embedded software team, you will work with experienced team of engineers designing and implementing our cutting edge computation and control systems, and inventing ways to drive innovation across our organization and the company on behalf of our customers. You will wear many different hats and work on different components of the entire system. This is an early stage initiative with a fast paced, highly collaborative startup like environment inside Amazon. To be successful you should be a self-starter with a bias towards independent problem solving while being flexible and entrepreneurial. You will be expected to understand a broad range of design approaches, able to clarify requirements and use that to assist with coding/story estimates. Identify and resolve root causes, mitigate immediate risks and be able to decide when to escalate. Clear communication and prioritization will be important as you plan and deliver the best experience for millions of customers.
If you love robots, let's not forget that we are designing a fleet of fully autonomous vehicles at Earth's biggest online retailer, we would love to talk to you!
• Design, develop, test, and deploy on-robot software.
• Participate in code reviews, API/Design reviews. Provide constructive feedback and direction.
• Work with new technologies that are vital to product development.
• Deliver investigation plans and reports, architectural documents, specs, source code and build scripts.
• Perform tasks including debug, bring-up, Beta and production development
• Successfully collaborate with both and hardware product teams
• Provide mentorship to SDE I or SDE interns on your team.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years of experience
• Experience in coding in C/C++
• Experience implementing common communication interfaces (UART, SPI, I2C, CAN) in and/or systems
• Experience writing drivers for operating systems
• Experience designing code for Microcontrollers (ARM, PIC, etc) in a production environment.
• Strong debugging/trouble-shooting skills of systems
• Experience with debugging tools (and hardware)
• Experience with ARM based SOC architecture
• Experience with RTOS
• Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem solving skills
• Can mentor other developers to maintain architectural vision and quality
• Comfortable taking initiative and working across teams
• Excellence in technical communication with peers, partners, and non-technical co-workers
• Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.