Embedded Software Engineer
- Taipei, Taiwan
As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will be a core member of the Ring Taipei development team. The ideal candidate is passionate about building IoT products. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment.
The ideal candidate:
• Enjoys working side by side with colleagues and teams on tough problems.
• Is highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities.
• Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish.
• Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge.
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
• 5+ years of software development experience.
• Extensive experience in computer architecture and embedded wireless systems.
• Extensive embedded development experience in C, and familiarity with ARM CPUs.
• Extensive experience writing low-level drivers, interrupting service routines, and general troubleshooting/debugging with hardware.
• Master's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
• Experience with one of more commercial wireless protocols like Z-Wave, ZigBee, BLE, or wifi.
• Experience in firmware development and testing of battery-powered products.
• Experience with development tools like IAR/Keil and Git version control system.
• Experience with common bus protocols such as SPI, I2C, and UART.
• Experience with software testing (unit, regression, and system testing).
• Knowledge of Unix/Linux environments and embedded Linux.
• Comfortable in some scripting language of choice.
• Prior experience with system bring-up, manufacturing line testing, or wireless networking drivers is a big plus.
• Prior experience in Python or analyzing sensor data (or interest in learning) is also a plus.
• Experience with simulations in Matlab or ns-3 is a plus.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring's smart home security product line, as well as theNeighbors App, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top