Ring in Poland will grow rapidly in 2021, therefore we are looking for skilled individuals with a strong sense of independence to join our team in Gdansk. Our team will develop current projects as well as build and deliver new features. As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will be a core member of the development team. The ideal candidate is passionate about building IoT products. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment.
The ideal candidate:
- Enjoys working side by side with colleagues and teams on tough problems.
- Is highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities.
- Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish.
- Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- 3+ years of experience in embedded development experience in C/C++ and familiarity with SoC and embedded CPU.
- 3+ years of experience with writing low-level drivers, interrupting service routines, and general troubleshooting/debugging with hardware.
- Master's in Computer Science, Information Security, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive experience in computer architecture and embedded systems.
- Extensive experience in two or more of the following technical categories:
- Hardware security (PCB, JTAG, UART, SPI, ROM, microcode, custom ASIC/FPGA).
- x86 and/or ARM chipset and firmware security (TPM, UEFI, TrustZone, Secure Boot, JTAG, PCIe).
- Security assessment (e.g. penetration testing, incident response, forensics, network traffic analysis).
- Performing security reviews and implementing defensive technical security controls.
- Virtualization security, side-channel attack vectors, and potential mitigation.
- An understanding of network and web related protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS).
- Understanding of service-oriented architecture and web services security.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey technical information to a wide variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with other security engineers and developers to deliver complex projects.
- Experience in reviewing complex systems design/code for security best practices and compliance with industry standards.
- Strong creative problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge and experience with cryptography and computer security.
- Distributed systems experience.
- Knowledge of Linux systems and operating system internals.
- Experience with large scale systems.