Embedded Software Engineer
- El Segundo, CA
Do you have a passion for building great products? Are you excited about making a big impact in a large company with a global impact and a startup culture?
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods sager with effective, affordable home security solutions that are accessible to everyone. As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will be working with a team developing IoT products for customers. You will be part of a strong team in a fast-paced start-up environment where agile development is embraced and innovation is encouraged.
At Ring, every engineer has the opportunity to positively impact our customers.
The ideal candidate:
• Enjoys working side by side with colleagues and teams on tough problems
• Is highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
• Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership
• Never shies away from a challenge
• Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, related field, or equivalent practical experience
• 5+ years of software development experience
• 2+ years of experience with embedded software development projects from concepts to delivery
• 5+ years of development experience with C or C++
• 3+ years of experience with Linux system development and embedded programming
• Master's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, related field, or equivalent work experience
• Extensive experience in computer architecture and embedded systems
• Extensive experience in event driven programming, object-oriented programming and design, and/or finite state machines
• Extensive experience in several interfaces (e.g. SDIO, I2C)
• Low level debugging skills
• Understanding of networking and web protocols (e.g. UDP, TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, IPSEC)
• Understanding of security fundamentals
• Understanding of service-oriented architecture and web services
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey technical information to a wide variety of audiences
• Demonstrated experience collaborating with other embedded engineers to deliver complex projects
• Experience in reviewing complex systems design/code
• Strong creative problem-solving abilities
• Knowledge and experience with Agile development
• Distributed systems experience
• Knowledge of Linux, RTOS, and general operating systems internals
• Experience with large scale systems
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring's smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone - while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top