Embedded Software Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Echo Frames is Amazon's first prescription-ready smart glasses. In this role, you will be working on the current and future roadmap for Echo Frames. The team is focused on bringing technology and design into a form that is familiar to millions of glasses wearers, in a way that has never been done by any other company before. If you are excited about pushing the envelope and developing brand new experiences for consumers, we would love to meet you.
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in technology and to solve real-world problems that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even imagine yet.
As a Firmware Embedded Engineer, you will be working with a unique and gifted team developing exciting products for consumers and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Embedded Firmware Engineer to be part of an exciting team. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a significant impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day by people you know. Our team is fast paced, highly collaborative and works most like a start-up environment inside Amazon. To be successful you need to be flexible and motivated. You are a true go-getter you have a passion for learning and for applying those learning to deliver results. You are ready to collaborate with UX designers, product managers, technical program managers, and partner teams. You are comfortable with a degree of ambiguity and willing to develop quick proof of concepts, iterate, and improve.
In this role, you will:
• Be responsible for development of new features for embedded systems under guidance from senior firmware developers
• Investigate, prototype and deliver new and innovative system solutions
• Design, develop and verify firmware for embedded systems
• Participate in design reviews, API development, and documentation
• Work with new technologies that are vital to product development
• Perform tasks including debug, bring-up, Beta and production software development
• Successfully collaborate with both software and hardware product teams
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to long term happiness and fulfillment. There are phases of high intensity including in-office/lab work, cross-time zone communications, and we work with team members to build in flexibility and encourage time to re-energize outside of work. We will continue to evolve to optimize our efforts and results as a cohesive team to develop delightful products for our customers.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
• One year experience as an embedded engineer
• Experience in coding in C/C++
• Experience working with RTOS or Embedded Linux
• Experience applying Computer Science fundamentals: object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Familiarity with Linux development environments
• Debugging and trouble-shooting skills
• Experience with Linux kernel and application software development
• Experience with at least one scripting language
• Board level bringup and hardware validation experience
• Experience in embedded software design, development and debugging
• Knowledge in serial interface protocols like I2C, SPI and MIPI
• Experience in one or more of these areas: cameras, sensors, touch, Wifi/Bluetooth stack, algorithm development
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit. https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top