Embedded Software Development Engineer - Test
- North Reading, MA
Software developers generate code, but does it work? We need you to build processes so that we can build better products. Blink is looking for talented SDETs to make a difference on our products.
In this role, you will be integrated into the embedded software development team. Besides owning the test infrastructure for the team, you will play a key role interacting with the QA team insuring the quality of Blink products.
Blink began in 2008 as an engineering startup. Our first product launched on Kickstarter in 2014, and we've never looked back. In 2017, we became part of the Amazon Devices family. We apply our engineering skills throughout the organization, developing algorithms, ASICs, hardware, and software. Look for Blink cameras on amazon.com to see what we are all about!
• Build and maintain an automated test infrastructure for multiple blink devices that will be used to validate all aspects of the product operation.
• Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality.
• Establish a continuous build and test cycle.
• Establish processes and tools set to maintain automation scripts and generate regular test reports.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
• 3+ years of experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
• 3+ years developing automation in at least one of languages - C/C++, Python
• Experienced in using REST interfaces
• Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an SDET role
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
• Coding experience with automated testing frameworks, tools, services, and physical devices
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment and utilizing virtual machines
• Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience developing product test harnesses
• Experience with open source tools and resources
Back to top