Embedded Software Development Engineer - Security (Blink)
- Halle (Saale), Germany
Software developers generate code, but do they have the right mindset to make sure it is secure? Blink is looking for talented embedded software engineers who have a security focus to keep our products safe.
In this role, you will bridge the gap between security teams and software development teams. You will lead efforts to keep Blink devices secure both in software and the underlining hardware. As part of the embedded software team, you will play an active role in code development for future products.
Seeing is knowing. At Blink, we make it easy to use cameras that show you what is going on. Come be a part of it!
Blink began in 2008 as an engineering startup. Our first product launched on Kickstarter in 2014, and we've never looked back. In 2017, we became part of the Amazon Devices family. We apply our engineering skills throughout the organization, developing algorithms, ASICs, hardware, and software. Look for Blink cameras on amazon.com to see what we are all about!
• Lead security efforts for firmware team
• Develop software as part of the team
• Interact with Blink teams including marketing, quality assurance, and customer support
• Interact with Amazon teams from around the globe
• Mentor junior firmware engineers
• 3+ years in security engineering including deep knowledge of cryptography, and experience in embedded software and/or hardware security
• 3+ years software scripting applied to automated penetration and regression testing
• 3+ years C/C++ software development
• 3+ years working with embedded CPU architectures
• 1+ years real-time, multi-threaded experience with Linux and/or RTOS
• 1+ years working in a Linux development environment including editing, make, and source control
• 1+ years reading schematics and using hardware lab equipment such as scopes, logic analyzers, etc.
• Bachelor's degree in a STEM field
• Strong communication skills (design docs, technical presentations, white boarding)
• Coding in environments with constrained resources (MIPS, RAM, FLASH, I/O)
• Audio/Video codec knowledge
• Knowledge of Wireless (WiFi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, sub-GHz) stacks
• Demonstrable technical leadership skills
• Master's degree in STEM field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top