Embedded Software Development Engineer
- Sunnyvale, CA
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo and Amazon Show. The Amazon Devices group delivers delightfully unique Amazon experiences, giving customers instant access to everything, digital or physical.
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately, with the vision of enabling low-power complex algorithms with general software frameworks. Our mission is to accomplish more with less power, on the Edge, making the device intelligent using Edge ML. We build and manage the DSP frameworks that will be used to create, connect and secure the next generation of innovative hardware accelerated devices.
Amazon devices consist of everything from tablets and TVs to light bulbs and hearables.
We are looking for a creative and passionate software engineer especially one who enjoys wearing many hats to tie together devices, embedded software and hardware accelerators into an end to end solution. If you are fascinated by the endless possibilities unlocked when embedding technology into physical things from smart homes, wearables, and more, we have the right role for you.
In this role, you will:
• Be responsible for design and development of new features for embedded systems
• Investigate, prototype and deliver new and innovative system solutions
• Design, develop and verify firmware/software and drivers for embedded systems
• Participate in design reviews, API development, and documentation
• Work with new technologies that are vital to product development
• Deliver investigation plans and reports, architectural documents, design specs, software and firmware source code, build scripts
• Perform tasks including debug, bring-up, Beta and production software development
• Successfully collaborate with both software and hardware product teams
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
5+ years of experience as a embedded engineer
3+ years of experience in coding in C/C++
• Experience in one or more of these areas: audio, cameras, sensors and associated algorithm development
• Experience in embedded software design, development and debugging preferably on DSP and ARM based platforms
• Experience in Computer Science fundamentals: object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience with RTOS and embedded Linux development
• Strong debugging/trouble-shooting skills of embedded systems
• Experience with audio/CV algorithms used in wearables/Smart Cameras
• Experience with Machine learning frameworks.
• Experience with real time debugging tools (software and hardware)
• Experience with DSP and ARM based SoC architecture
• Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem solving skills
• Can mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
• Comfortable taking initiative and working across teams
• Excellence in technical communication with peers, partners, and non-technical co-workers.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us/
Back to top