Fire TV is the #1 best-selling streaming media player in the U.S. We are looking for a strong software development engineer to contribute to the architecture and operating system level performance. In this role you will have the opportunity to drive optimizations to the user experience of all Fire TV devices.
The ideal candidate has great problem-solving skills and deep knowledge of Android internals. You will also have an interest in developing automated solutions for consumer-facing products, strong technical ability, excellent organizational skills, great communication skills, a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
• Instrument, monitor and enhance Fire OS for every Fire TV device
• Suggest and implement optimizations to Fire OS
• Influence architecture decisions for best performance
• Specify system requirements for upcoming Fire TV devices
• Collaborate with teams incorporating features into Fire TV for optimal experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, or 5+ year relevant work experience
• 3+ years of professional experience in software development
• 3+ years of demonstrated experience in Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• 1+ years of experience building applications on Android or iOS
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
• Experience building, customizing and optimizing Android for various devices
• Strong coding, algorithm, and debugging fundamentals.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to collaborate.
• Passionate about building and improving new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
• Experience with best practices in Mobile App Development
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.