At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone while working hard to bring communities together.
As an Embedded Software Development Engineer, you will drive engineering and business decisions, leveraging technology in client-app frameworks, big data, machine learning, optimization techniques and high availability services.
In this role, you will lead the design of features and initiatives across the organization. The successful candidate will investigate, prototype, and deliver software applications and deliver high-quality software, working in a dynamic, team-focused Agile/Scrum environment.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Extensive professional experience in embedded software development
• Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals such as; object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Extensive embedded development experience in C / C++
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.