Embedded Software Development Engineer
- Rogers, AR
Do you have what it takes to keep our cameras running for two years on two AA batteries? Blink is looking for talented firmware software engineers to make a difference on our products.
In this role, you will be part of a product team, leading the firmware software effort from concept to launch. You will interact with teams both within Blink and across the rest of Amazon. Most importantly, you will focus on the best ways to delight our customers.
Blink began in 2008 as an engineering startup. Our first product launched on Kickstarter in 2014, and we've never looked back. In 2017, we became part of the Amazon Devices family. We apply our engineering skills throughout the organization, developing algorithms, ASICs, hardware, and software. Look for Blink cameras on amazon.com to see what we are all about!
• 1+ years C/C++ firmware development with constrained resources (MIPS, RAM, FLASH, I/O)
• 1+ years working with embedded CPU architecture
• 1+ years security technologies and protocols
• 1+ years real-time, multi-threaded experience with Linux and/or RTOS
• 1+ years with Wireless (WiFi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, sub-GHz) stacks
• 1+ years working in a Linux development environment including editing, make, and source control
• 1+ years reading schematics and using hardware lab equipment such as scopes, logic analyzers, etc
• Active participant in bringing at least one successful product to market
• Bachelor's degree in a STEM field
• Strong communication skills (design docs, technical presentations, white boarding)
• Audio/Video codec knowledge
• Experience with camera image processing
• Embedded Linux (uBoot, Kernel, Driver)
• Bare metal, assembly, BSP, POST, RTOS
• Test automation / scripting skills
• Demonstrable technical leadership skills
• Master's degree in STEM field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top