Embedded Software Development Engineer
- North Reading, MA
Do you have what it takes to keep our cameras running for two years on two AA batteries?
Blink is looking to grow our firmware team with talented embedded software development engineers. Our products need to be easy to use and run on minimal power. In this role, you will lead the firmware effort bringing new consumer products to market. You will interact with teams both within Blink and across the rest of Amazon. Most importantly, you will focus on ways to make the best products for our customers.
Seeing is knowing. At Blink, we make it easy to use cameras that show you what is going on. Come be a part of it!
Blink is a team of builders that proudly develops connected consumer products completely in house using a fast paced and efficient process. Acquired by Amazon, we love seeing Blink on the amazon.com home page, in retail stores, and in the homes of millions of users. We combine our startup culture with the resources and scale of Amazon to create a vibrant, fun, and rewarding place to work.
• Lead team of 3-5 firmware engineers
• Develop software as part of the team
• Own firmware on project from concept to launch
• Interact with Blink teams including marketing, quality assurance, and customer support
• Interact with Amazon teams from around the globe
• Mentor junior firmware engineers
• 3+ years C/C++ firmware development with constrained resources (MIPS, RAM, FLASH, I/O)
• 3+ years working with embedded CPU architecture
• 1+ years security technologies and protocols
• 1+ years real-time, multi-threaded experience with Linux and/or RTOS
• 1+ years with Wireless (WiFi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, sub-GHz) stacks
• 1+ years working in a Linux development environment including editing, make, and source control
• 1+ years reading schematics and using hardware lab equipment such as scopes, logic analyzers, etc.
• Active participant in bringing at least one successful product to market.
• Bachelor's degree in a STEM field
• Strong communication skills (design docs, technical presentations, white boarding)
• Audio/Video codec knowledge
• Experience with camera image processing
• Embedded Linux (uBoot, Kernel, Driver)
• Bare metal, assembly, BSP, POST, RTOS
• Test automation / scripting skills
• Demonstrable technical leadership skills
• Master's degree in STEM field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top