Embedded Software Developer Engineer - Sidewalk Wireless Connectivity
- Sunnyvale, CA
Ring is looking for a Software Development Engineer to engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to design and develop innovative smarthome and IOT network.
As a Software Development Engineer - Sidewalk Connectivity, your ownership can span across application, device framework, protocol stack, drivers and low level wireless controller coexistence and scheduler algorithms.
You will work closely and cross-functionally with internal teams. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. Your team is responsible for the connectivity related user experience and use cases.
• Further existing protocol stack for low power wireless networks, network management tools and processes that increase overall efficiency of network.
• Work with teams and vendors to improve and tailor existing drivers, stack and applications to our needs.
• Identify and refine cross-layer optimizations to decrease power consumption and increase device performance. Improve memory footprint, optimize stack and application code.
• Define and/or refine hardware requirements, participate in the development and delivery of operability-related features.
• Implement the right metrics, debug tools and integrate with backend solutions to continuously measure and improve our solutions.
• Work with the hardware team to ensure correct exercising of hardware.
• Support certification and compliance efforts.
• Develop models of overall system performance and assess performance tradeoffs to maximize system performance.
• 5+ years of experience in software development.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline.
• 5+ years of experience working as C/C++ developer with strong problem-solving skills.
• 5+ years of experience with developing, optimizing and maintaining embedded systems.
• 5+ years of experience working on ARM CPUs.
• 5+ years of experience and knowledge in one or more of wireless protocols such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth/BLE, Sigfox, LoRa, Zigbee or Z-Wave.
• Master's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field.
• 1+ year of experience in firmware development for battery powered products.
• Familiarity with at least one RTOS environment.
• 2+ years of experience with development tools like IAR/Keil and Git version control system.
• 2+ years of experience with common bus protocols.
• Knowledge of Unix/Linux environments and embedded Linux.
• 1+ year of experience in using Python.
• 1+ year of experience with simulations in Matlab or ns-3 is a plus.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring's smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors App, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visitwww.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top