Embedded Software Developer, Amazon Halo
- Bellevue, WA
We've launched! Come join Amazon Halo and the Health and Wellness team!
How often have you had an opportunity to be a founding member of a team solving significant customer problems through innovative technology? Our emerging technologies team, within Amazon's Device organization (Amazon Echo, Fire TV, Fire Tablets, and more), is looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented individuals to join our fast paced, start-up environment to help invent the future. We solve significant customer problems in the consumer electronics space through devices, mobile applications, cloud services (AWS), computer vision, and machine learning.
As a Software Engineer on the Amazon Halo team, you will define and build innovative consumer product experiences with a direct impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of flagship products that customers love and use every day. The ideal candidate will have industry-leading programming skills, a deep understanding of embedded device features and limitations, and be conversant up the software stack.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
• 3+ years experience as an embedded systems design engineer.
• 3+ years of development experience on RTOS based embedded platforms, especially using ARM.
• Experience in embedded C/C++ programming.
• Knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
• Solid coding, algorithm, and debugging fundamentals.
• Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining a high volume embedded system.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous integration, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience optimizing performance and memory usage for resource constrained embedded systems.
• Experience designing and developing for the lowest power usage.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top