Embedded Developer, Security
- Gdańsk, Poland
Are you excited with designing secure embedded systems and IOT devices? As the device security engineer, you will be working with an energetic, fast paced team to ensure features and services developed for our Ring devices are secured and protect the experience of our millions of customers.
• BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent practical experience
• 5+ years of software development experience
• 2+ of years of experience in Security Engineering, supporting engineering projects from concepts to delivery.
• 5+ years of development experience in C or C++.
• 3+ years of experience in Linux system development and embedded programming.
• MS in Computer Science, Information Security, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Extensive experience in computer architecture and embedded systems.
• Extensive experience in two or more of the following technical categories:
• - Hardware security (PCB, JTAG, UART, SPI, ROM, microcode, custom ASIC/FPGA)
• - x86 and/or ARM chipset and firmware security (TPM, UEFI, TrustZone, Secure Boot, JTAG, PCIe)
• Security assessment (e.g. penetration testing, incident response, forensics, network traffic analysis)
• - performing security reviews and implementing defensive technical security controls
• - virtualization security, side-channel attack vectors, and potential mitigation
• An understanding of network and web related protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS).
• Understanding of service-oriented architecture and web services security.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey technical information to a wide variety of audiences
• Demonstrated experience collaborating with other security engineers and developers to deliver complex projects
• Experience in reviewing complex systems design/code for security best practices and compliance with industry standards
• Strong and creative problem-solving abilities
• Knowledge and experience with cryptography and computer security
• Distributed systems experience
• Knowledge of Linux systems and operating system internals
• Experience with large scale systems
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the first-ever video doorbell, to the award-winning DIY Ring Alarm system, Ring's smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone - while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top