Email Marketing Manager, Amazon Advertising
- Berlin, Germany
At Amazon, we continually look for opportunities to invent on behalf of our customers, helping them to find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. To this end, we are building a range of advertising products that enhance the customer experience and are integrated with our core e-commerce platform. We have developed products that leverage Amazon's strength as a world class e-commerce platform and have integrated advertising into the shopping experience from first discovery to purchase.
The future of our business is compelling and we are focused on building a robust, innovative business, enabling advertisers of all sizes. Our products range from e-commerce ads that integrate the power of familiar shopping features to visually stunning Kindle screensavers. We can reach customers on Amazon properties, both web and mobile, and across our ad platform. A strategic part of our charter is to grow adoption for a portfolio of self-service, cost-per-click advertising programs to enable both large and small advertisers to engage with customers in relevant ways.
We are looking for an Email Marketing Manager to join our team to drive Seller and Vendor awareness and adoption across self-service advertising products. In this role, you will be responsible for building the strategy, implementing the roadmap, and reporting on results for high visibility global email programs across multiple languages, with the goal of raising awareness of and driving demand for Amazon Advertising's self-service advertising programs.
As the ideal candidate, you have a passion for leveraging data to gain insights and solve problems, an eye for graphic design, experience with content strategy, and technical email development skills. You love building new things and take personal pride in delivering innovative, customized, functional and delightful customer experiences. You will collaborate with stakeholders to identify and drive innovative email solutions that achieve business goals and raise the bar for customer experience with each launch. You are deeply analytical in your approach and obsess over constantly improving digital customer experiences leveraging quantitative and qualitative inputs.
• Own highly visible demand generation focused email programs from beginning to end - from gathering of requirements, design and development, to testing, launch, reporting and maintenance.
• Build and maintain a complete project schedule, make it constantly visible to management and key stakeholders, and drive projects through to completion.
• Work with worldwide marketing managers, content creators, designers, program managers, and business leadership to align email initiatives with cross-functional team goals.
• Develop an iterative testing strategy to gain insights and continually improve the customer experience through optimized messaging and targeting.
• Analyze, report on, and optimize against performance metrics including open rate, click through rate, launch rate and revenue lift.
• Track best practices, monitor industry trends, and make recommendations.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• 5+ years of marketing experience
• Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
• 4+ years' relevant work experience in online and/or B2B marketing
• Basic knowledge of SQL and/or similar queries to analyze data
• 3+ years' experience using and editing HTML or other coding language
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to influence others
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, communication or other related field or equivalent experience.
• Familiarity with email best practices and industry trends
• Fluent in English and Japanese
• Experience in B2B, high-tech products/services
• Demonstrable experience as a writer or content marketer
• Experience with email platforms
• Experience in setting up automated marketing communication
• Experience in audience segmentation and targeting
• Experience with A/B testing
• Experience with analytical tools and ability to dive deep into metrics and reporting
• Ambitious self-starter with demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done
• Attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities
• Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
Back to top