Email Marketing Manager, Alexa Skills
Interested in Amazon Alexa and the future of voice-powered connected devices? Come work on it! The Alexa skills marketing team is looking for a talented, customer-obsessed Email Marketing Manager. The Email Marketing Manager will be responsible for driving a best-in-class customer experience and create awareness and engagement for Alexa skills. Specifically, he/she will be responsible for optimizing the email program for maximum performance, leveraging iterative testing and data analysis, and ensuring content quality.
This role provides an ideal blend of the creative and the analytical as the Email Marketing Manager will not only develop, enhance and grow the Alexa skills email channel through customer segmentation, advanced targeting, and innovative merchandising techniques, but will also have the autonomy to brainstorm, launch and test new ideas and programs. An eye for innovation is key to success in this role and the Email Marketing Manager is responsible for identifying opportunities for content efficiency and automation, and then implementing those improvements.
This is an ideal role for an email expert who seeks to leverage their expertise in a large-scale environment that provides ample room for experimentation, testing and innovation. Our culture is goal-oriented, collaborative, and rewards the creative thinking that drives innovation.
Own campaigns from end to end - manage the daily set-up of one-time and automated email campaigns including creating and editing email templates, manage targeting and segmentation, scheduling, editing, and deployment to drive program adoption at scale.
- Manage monthly email calendar to document and schedule all email communications.
- Optimize against key metrics including CTR, open rates, and advertisers registered.
- Manage a continuous, meticulously planned and documented testing plan to continually improve performance of the email channel.
- Monitor email performance of one-time and automated emails and make recommendations to grow the email marketing channel.
- Maintain brand and channel standards with stellar attention to detail.
- Track email best practices, monitor industry trends, and make recommendations.
- Maintain high quality and accuracy of email templates and email lists.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or business
- 3 years of relevant work experience in consumer or audience marketing
- Experience delivering marketing campaigns
- Experience working with email service providers such as ExactTarget, Pardot, Marketo, Vertical Response, etc.
- Strong analytical skills: understand and use web metrics to gauge trends and evaluate content in an unbiased fashion
- Ability to conceptualize and execute projects, with strong bias for action and deliver results
- Ability to organize, plan, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- Aptitude for being organized with flexibility and for delivering results in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to define and successfully deliver complex projects with superior ROI
- Ability to deal with ambiguous problems and build solutions with proper project management
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders and lead cross-functional projects across category or other departments
- High computer literacy, with the ability to learn new systems quickly
- An understanding of, and passion for, Alexa and voice-first technology is highly desired
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top