Electrical Engineer, Robotics
Amazon's Worldwide Operations org is starting a new autonomous robot program. This new program requires solving hard problems and inventing for almost every aspect of this wide-open effort. We're looking for individuals who like dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, and working in a startup like environment.
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you'll fit right in here at Amazon. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon is seeking a talented and motivated Electrical Engineer to work on system design, implementation and release to manufacturing. The ideal candidate will have experience in system design, analog and digital circuit design, possess good communication skills, and have the ability to help build a team of Electrical Engineers. This candidate must have the ability to work well both independently and in team settings. This position reports directly to the Hardware Systems Manager.
Some of the key job functions of the Electrical Engineer include:
- Working with an interdisciplinary team to execute product designs from concept to production including design, prototyping, validation, testing and certification
- Coordinate activities within the engineering discipline for the project.
- Ensure coordination with other disciplines is effective for each
- Understanding of technical principles and concepts in Electrical Engineering
- Writing and developing functional specifications, design verification plans and test procedures
- Architecting, designing and implementing complex embedded system, analog and digital circuit design and systems debugging
- Supporting product releases to manufacturing and customer deployments
- Execute tasks to aggressive schedules
- Establish development processes to meet industry standards for functionally safe control systems (IEC 61508).
- BS / MS Electrical Engineering (or similar field)
- 2 + years of experience in electrical, firmware and system level
- Experience in schematic entry, layout tools and design for manufacturability (familiarity with OrCAD Capture and Cadence Allegro tool flow is a plus)
- Experience executing design reviews in front of interdisciplinary teams
- Experience with FPGAs, VHDL, microcontrollers, microprocessors or mixed-signal designs
- System design interfacing to a wide array of electro-mechanical subsystems and debugging experience
- Problem solver, "can do", "get any task done" attitude
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Customer focused
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written (white papers) and oral communication skills
- Ability to resolve complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways
- Experience applying IEC 60204 and/or IEC 61508 machinery safety standards preferred.
- Experience designing, developing and certifying safety rated hardware systems is desirable.
- Experience with the project management of technical projects a plus
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving EMI/EMC issues
- Battery power, motor, and motor control experience
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top