Electrical Engineer Design Manager
- Windhof, Luxembourg
Amazon is currently looking to hire an experienced Electrical Engineer to join the team and play a critical role in supporting all facility and Engineering activity across Amazon's European Fulfilment Network. This role will be based in Luxembourg and periodic travel will be required. This role report to the Worldwide Engineering Design Manager based in Seattle, WA.
In this role you will be responsible for developing and maintaining Amazon's electrical specifications and design templates across Europe. This role will include managing multifaceted engineering programs that will ultimately drive the optimization and increased efficiency into existing and new facilities. The candidate will need to work with a multitude of stakeholders outside of North America to own and drive the standardization of building design templates, while adapting to local codes. The candidate must also possess the engineering expertise to dive deep into building electrical data in order to reduce infrastructure and operational costs associated with maintenance and down time.
A successful candidate must have extensive large project and program management experience, practical Electrical design knowledge, should be comfortable in a fast-paced, technical environment and be able to partner with multiple stakeholders across the company to implement processes and programs that will ultimately drive the Worldwide design standards.
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, or related field.
• Experience in a mid-size or large company in the following areas: project management, engineering design, construction management,
• Strong experience in project and program management, with proven successes in projects greater than $10M
• Strong background in Electrical design
• Demonstrated advanced project management skills working with multiple levels of stakeholders across the organization
• Superb written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners
• Ability to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the enterprise and to work with both technical and non-technical individuals
• Experience developing and managing processes and tools to insure the complete project lifecycle from pre-development planning through final completion is completed consistently and predictably, while managing a high volume deal flow
• Extensive demonstrated experience developing and implementing process improvements to streamline the entire project delivery cycle and lower total lifecycle cost
• A track record of championing speed, flexibility and frugality in the face of rapid change and extremely heavy workload
• Highly competent with personal computers and productivity software, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, and SharePoint, lease administration and familiarity with relational databases; knowledge of Saleforce.com a plus.
• Ability to travel up to 15% of the time.
• Degree in Electrical engineering or design and construction management
• Project management certification (PMP or equivalent)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top