EHS Program Manager
WW Occupational Health Program Manager
The WW EHS Program Manager will be responsible for obtaining alignment across the various geographies to develop an overall Occupational Health strategy. The position will ensure there is alignment at the business level that supports the strategy inclusive of worksite first aid and medical response, medicine (NSAID) management, and associate allergic reaction in the workplace strategies. This position will be responsible to provide technical support in areas such as medical response program development and deployment, associate care and wellbeing programs, and implementation planning of EHS policy deployment on a global scale. The NA EHS Program Manager must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing.
The NA Occupational Health Program Manager will be required to possess excellent safety program and relevant safety, health, and ergonomic knowledge and demonstrates this expertise when working with Operations.
EHS Program Manager Responsibilities:
- Build and create strategies to support Amazon operations in regards to Occupational Health: first aid, emergency response, and medical practices for employees while at work and at home.
- Maintain existing EHS policies, processes, and guidelines. Develop new EHS policies, processes, and guidelines as required by regulatory changes and new business growth.
- Develop, implement, and execute change management processes related to EHS policies and procedures.
- Analyze safety metrics and review weekly and monthly policy compliance and incident trends to discover trends to justify the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where risk is highest.
- Possess a detailed understanding of applicable legal requirements (i.e.: Codes, Standards, and Administrative Policies) and provide technical expertise, regulatory knowledge, and Amazon EHS policies.
- Provide program technical and administrative support in areas such as design-in-safety, risk assessment, job safety analysis, investigation and resolution, development and programming of EHS systems, and integrating EHS practices into operations processes.
- Provide technical capability to the EHS and engineering activities as they develop processes and procedures
- Assist in the development of related processes and/or the integration of EHS elements into current processes.
- Perform workplace risk assessments to drive network wide EHS policy
- Provide 'single-point of contact' to the EHS team for understanding existing EHS regulations and regulatory activity (compliance of new technologies with applicable codes and standards).
- Function as technical resource for FC and regional EHS staff
- Serve as technical resource to the engineering team.
- Develop and utilize tool(s) for risk ranking expenditures and projects that will enable Operations to identify what projects would fall either above or below the waterline.
- Participate in Peer Reviews and partner with Global Safety in continuous improvement efforts of the Peer Review process.
- Develop onboarding process and training materials designed specifically for EHS team members.
- Responsible for management and benchmarking best practices internal & external to North America.
- Through Six Sigma/Lean methodologies, partner with Operations and Engineering in reducing risks and injuries.
- Support the generation of the annual operating plans (OP1&2), Whistle Stops, Peak Plans, etc. and standardize tools used across NACF.
Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), stock based awards, growth potential, and a challenging and exciting work environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- A completed Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Health Nursing, Occupational Health and Safety, or other EHS related Field.
- 5+ years of experience serving as an EHS Occupational Health Professional.
- 5+ years of experience in developing, deploying, and maintaining Occupational Health initiatives.
- 3+ years of experience in writing technical documents related to policies and procedures and standard operating procedures.
- A completed Master's Degree in Occupational Health Nursing, Occupational Health and Safety, or other EHS related field
- Experience in developing, deploying, and maintaining Occupational Health programs in large scale, global organizations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with the FCs safety and leadership teams
- Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization is a plus
- Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment
- Experience demonstrating a high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top