- Gera, Germany
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one; a day to take a first step; a day to look forwards to new challenges; and today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great; a day to make your ideas come to life; and your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon
We are currently looking to hire an EHS Manager to join the team and play a critical role in supporting the EHS function for our Sortation Centre (SC). The successful candidate will be an experienced, innovative, hands-on and customer obsessed individual, passionate about Safety and able to drive startegy to build an egaging safe environment, identify, coordinate and drive improvements in Safety whilst engaging Operational and other Support Function stakeholders.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities include:
• Contributing to the EHS Team to ensure delivery of Safety performance in line with personal, team and functional goals and objectives, facilitating and/or arranging training programs on critical FC EHS issues
• Leading the implementation of EHS programs within SC Operations
• Leading the SC with key risk assessment activities
• Supporting the business to ensure compliance to local and UK/EU legislation
• Ensuring that EHS systems are kept accurate at all time with completed incident reports and all required supporting documentation, with metrics compiled on key data points to help the EHS Manager prepare/issue regular and ad hoc reports and metric documents
• Building strategies to create a safety cultural environment and drive injuries to zero with the construction of incident prevention programs, contributing to SC requests to improve on site Safety and positively impact accident trends
• Preparing responses to insurers / solicitors in response to personal injury claims received
• Participating in the EU SC EHS Safety Audit program
• Coordinating and training of new Safety coordinator team members
• Arranging, facilitating and contributing to SC Safety Steering Committee meetings
• Arranging and conducting basic surveys and checks in the SC environment, SC processes, Safety supplies and on employee behaviours
• Any other reasonable request
• Be qualified to NEBOSH Diploma level or equivalent with significant H&S Management experience, gained in a transportation environment.
• Be educated to degree level.
• Be A Chartered Member of IOSH (CMIOSH) or equivalent.
• Have a flexible approach to work, able to manage own priorities and workload.
• Be able to effectively lead and manage a team.
• Be used to operating at all levels of the organization.
• Have excellent communication skills - result orientated and tenacious.
• Have an in-depth understanding of essential/relevant EU H&S legislation and on-road best practice.
• Have the credibility and influencing skills and strategies to be able to build buy-in to change.
• Have a demonstrable record of driving significant change through an operation.
• Lean, 5S and Kaizen experience
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
Back to top