eero Device Software - Senior Systems SDE
- Seattle, WA
WiFi has become a critical component to every home worldwide. eero, an Amazon Company, is the first product to deliver a whole home WiFi experience using mesh technology to make sure you never have to worry about connectivity ever again. We believe customers' deserve the best connectivity and smart home experience possible. To find out more about eero, please checkout eero.com.
About the Role
The Device Software team at eero is looking for a Senior engineer to join a new team located in Taipei. This team will be collaborating closely with our existing device software team and will be responsible for improving eeroOS, our operating system that runs on all of our hardware platforms. The team's responsibilities include fixing critical customer issues, reducing CPU and memory consumption, improving the management plane, implementing new customer features, and expanding the coverage of our automated tests. Unsurprisingly, this team's work is integral in delivering the entire product experience. You will be expected to take ambiguous problems and deliver delightful solutions for our customers. You will work closely with eero headquarters located in San Francisco, California. If you are a software engineer that loves solving ambiguous customer problems, developing in Golang, and collaborating closely with others, we want to talk to you.
Base location: Taipei
• Provide technical leadership to this new development team
• Ensure high technical bar for pull requests, designs, and architectures
• Design systems that have low future maintenance cost
• Triage and solve the most challenging customer issues from our test populations and production
• Regularly deliver high impact customer features on tight timelines
• Develop and maintain critical features for eero customer experience
• Collaborate with peers across engineering, product, and design to shape our product vision and build exciting customer features
• Investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility in order to deliver new customer experiences.
• Reduce CPU and memory consumption in eeroOS
• Refactor legacy python management plane to Go management plane
• Increase quality and quantity of the coverage of our automated tests on eeroOS
• Improve engineering processes and tools to increase team effectiveness
• Completed Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
• 10+ years industry experience with at least 4+ years providing technical leadership (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) as a senior engineer.
• 3+ years writing production systems in Go
• Self-directed and comfortable leading others technically
• Experience designing software architectures for scalability, reliability, and performance
• Has deep hands-on technical expertise especially with Linux, distributed systems, and internet technologies like DNS, IPv6, DHCP, firewalls, etc.
• Track record of shipping software on time
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to other engineers and managers
• Organized and detailed oriented
• Experience working across timezones as a remote office
• Ability to shift work day to start at 7:00 to maximize overlap with HQ
• Willingness to travel every quarter to San Francisco, California
• MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science or a relevant technical discipline (or equivalent experience)
eero LLC is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top