EDI Engineer, Transportation
- Seattle, WA
Amazon's Transportation EDI team aims to automate all transactions with its global partners. The Transportation EDI team meets this most critical role by maintaining the EDI technical standards, identifying EDI solutions to business needs and constantly improving the effectiveness of our EDI communications. The EDI Engineer partners with Amazon business teams and partners worldwide to identify new offerings and continuously improve the EDI integration process, current offerings and data quality. Additional tasks include maintenance of the Amazon EDI specifications, mapping and supplier configurations. To be successful, this candidate requires mastery of a variety of proven analytical, communication and leadership skills. The ability to coordinate efforts across multiple teams (both technical and business) is key to this position.
• 5+ years experience in 24/7 online environment
• 5+ years experience EDIFACT standards, including documents such as IFTMIN, INVOIC, IFTSTA and others
• 5+ years experience with ANSI X12 standards, including documents such as 215, 210, 214 and others
• 5+ years experience with EDI communications standards and protocols - AS2, SFTP, HTTPS
• Demonstrated experience with writing functional design documents, troubleshooting complex EDI failures, and with unit testing methods. 5+ Experience with at least one EDI Software Implementation such as Gentran, Sterling, Contivo, etc.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
• Strong analytical skills, an attention to detail, strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to self start and self motivate
• Successful characteristics for the position are the ability to maintain a high level of attention to detail, the ability to work independently, adjust priorities, and work in a continuously changing environment
• Demonstrated experience managing complex tasks as projects
• Experience with rotational on-call duties and real-time live-system responsibility
• Able to work in a diverse team
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top