Amazon Web Services ("AWS") offers a broad set of global compute, storage, database, analytics, application, and deployment services that help organizations move faster, lower IT costs, and scale applications. We are growing quickly and dynamically, including in our global data center footprint. This role is part of the Edge scaling team, which is responsible for strategic scaling of existing and new products in edge locations. You will work across teams to determine how to move forward key infrastructure builds, and own communication around the portfolio. You will develop tooling and automation to simplify the process for expansions.
The ideal candidate possesses 5+ years of experience in technical program/product management, experience managing complex and large-scale and technology projects (including cost, schedule and performance for portfolios, programs, or individual projects), and developing/improving processes and procedures. Experience managing data center infrastructure or networking deployments is a plus.
- Identify capacity-related issues proactively and work with services, network, and engineering teams to discover resolutions
- Developing expansion plans for existing and new products.
- Work with stakeholders (software/tool development teams/operations leadership/networking engineers/tech program managers/senior management) to define requirements and processes.
- Continuously improving speed and performance for infrastructure deployments
- Managing communications and documentation around in-flight expansions
- Ensuring capacity constraints and assumptions are identified, tracked and communicated
- Analyzing how hardware architecture and product changes impact capacity and provide feedback to teams and upper level management
- Keep the customer experience as the primary focus.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical area OR 8 years of technical program management experience (experience can be substituted for degree).
- 3+ years of experience in managing complex technology or infrastructure related projects.
- 3+ years of experience involved in data centers, networking engineering, and/or systems engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, quality, along with risk and critical path management.
- Experience with Tableau, Redshift, and other BI management and visualization tools
- Expertise working with large, cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to learn and excel new technical subject-matter
- Excellent writing ability
- Experience working with international teams
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role