Economist,Insights and Innovations
- Beijing, China
Economist is a new role in the AWS GCR SSOE. The goal is to provide predictive analytics and customer insights, so that we can better support GTM strategy and sales overage to GCR customers. We are looking for a results-driven Economist to help build our technical economics capability in the GCR. He/She will own key inputs over customer coverage, sales productivity, sales forecast and customer analytics. He/She will work closely with global economist team, data scientists to design new frameworks that systematically identify low touch machine driven recommendations that propel customer growth while creating a meaningful economic impact for AWS.
The key strategic objectives for this role include:
• Provide data-driven guidance and recommendations on strategic questions posed by the GCR leadership.
• Design and analysis of account coverage experiments and define and analyze success metrics across sales coverage optimization, pricing and go-to-market programs.
• Identify opportunities/tests that drive product discovery, new customer acquisition or usage frequency with the end goal to drive growth.
. Conduct, direct, and coordinate all phases of research projects, demonstrating skill in all stages of the analysis process, including defining key research questions, recommending measures, working with multiple data sources, evaluating methodology and design, executing analysis plans, interpreting and communicating results.
• While the scope will be focused on GCR, the economist will also partner with economists in the US team and think of projects with Global scope. Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
T• PhD in Economics,
• 5+ years of experience working in data science in a consumer product company
. Must have experience in Python, Stata, R and/or Scala.
• Ability to distill informal customer requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives
• Quantifies improvement in Customer experience or business value resulting from research outcomes.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
. Must have the ability to communicate relevant scientific insights from data to senior business leaders.
• Strong background in statistics methodology, applications to business problems, and/or big data.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.
• Strong research track record.
• Effective verbal and written communications skills.
• Preferred specialties in behavioral economists with broad applied econometric skills are also encouraged to apply.
Back to top