Economist, Digital Economics
The role is for a PhD economist focused on the economics of online advertising. This is a great role for an economist looking to use their economic skills to drive deep business impact. We will immerse you in the economics of Amazon's advertising business by having you sit with a team of centralized economists in this space for a period of 3-6 months. After that, you would switch to reporting directly into the advertising business organization, keeping close to the centralized team while substantially expanding your influence with the business teams.
Examples of the problems you will work on:
- Auction and mechanism design
- Understanding the value that advertisers derive from advertising
- Econometric modelling of spillovers across different products
- Finding gaps in our auctions that can be addressed with increased demand
About Amazon's advertising business:
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- PhD in Economics or related field
- 4+ years of experience in industry, research, consulting or government.
- Experience in microeconometrics.
- Applicants with considerably more experience, including mid-career, are also strongly encouraged.
- Strong background in statistics methodology, applications to business problems, and/or big data.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.
- Strong research track record.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top