Amazon Economists are coming to the Bay Area and Northern California in October to visit a few Econ PhD campus programs. We'd love to see you while we are in the area! Please see below for some additional information about our Econ department at Amazon. If you are interested in attending one of our campus events please apply to this job. We will review resumes and reach out to candidates in the coming weeks.
PLEASE NOTE: this is for hiring in the Seattle, WA office, not for roles in California.
Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world's brightest minds, offering them a fast paced, technologically sophisticated and friendly work environment.
Economists at Amazon will be expected to work directly with the chief economist and senior management on key business problems faced in retail, international retail, cloud computing, third party merchants, search, Kindle, streaming video, and operations. Amazon economists will apply the frontier of economic thinking to market design, pricing, forecasting, program evaluation, online advertising and other areas. You will build econometric models, using our world class data systems, and apply economic theory to solve business problems in a fast moving environment. Economists at Amazon will be expected to develop new techniques to process large data sets, address quantitative problems, and contribute to design of automated systems around the company.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- PhD in Economics by September 2018
- Two or more years of experience in a postdoctoral position; or, two or more years of experience in consulting, government or academic research.
- Applicants with considerably more experience, including mid-career, are also strongly encouraged.
- Strong background in statistics methodology, applications to business problems, and/or big data.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.
- Strong research track record.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top